2.0 Feedback (and download link): let's hear it!

Hey Friends!

Now that you’ve all downloaded Envel 2.0 (if you haven’t yet, you can do so here, we want your feedback on what you like, what you don’t particularly care for, and what you think we could improve!

Please note that subaccounts, referrals, and owner cards are still in development…so other than requests for those features, we would love to hear what you think about our latest version!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

The Achived goal bug is still there.

1 Like

i didn’t see anything new. Werent all those features released with the previous 1. update?

1 Like

The major ones were, yes! It was more of a slow roll out over time. 2.0 vs last week’s version had various minor bug fixes and UX/design improvements, but all the major features that were part of 2.0 came out in the months leading up to it!

Hey Jon,

I’m having the same issue now! My active goal is showing as Achieved. Is your ‘achieved’ goal still funding? Mine hasn’t been funding, but I don’t have much $ currently in the account so that could be why.

Our dev team is investigating this issue! Thank you very much for continuing to flag this to us.

Best,
Jacqui

Over-all I like it. A bit surprised that most of 2.0 were added in and around 1.11 so kinda feels like 1.11 should have been 2.0 and 2.0 should’ve been more of a 2.1 or 2.01.

Any new major features coming soon and if so any idea when that would be?

I mainly want that transaction bug I found to be fixed. I read that One released the Pocket Protector today, where if your Pocket (their version of Envelopes), doesn’t have enough money to cover something, it’ll just take it from your Cash pocket.

Does Envel offer an Envelope protector type of thing? If not, please add it.

2 Likes

Hey John,

Thank you for the feedback! The referral program and owner cards are the 2 main features our dev team is working on finalizing, and then subaccounts after this.

In terms of pocket protection, yes! That is what our soft-limit/hard limit setting in the AI is for. Have you had a chance to test this out? I didn’t have enough in my Bills envelope yesterday for a purchase and it pulled from Cash automatically! Please lmk if you are still having issues.

Cheers,
Jacqui

that’s neat, but a lot of people want it to work the other way around too. Not enough in Cash, so it pulls from Bills.

1 Like

Hey there,

If there aren’t sufficient funds in Cash and you have hard limit turned off, then it absolutely should! Let us know if this hasn’t been the case.

Cheers,
Jacqui

On Sunday night I tried this. I had 87 cents in cash and my bill at a deli was over 12 dollars. Only 87 cents was charged. The cashier was really confused but I knew what happened. I have hard limit off and Envel did not pull from any other envelop to fulfill the whole transaction.

I had to Cardlink another envelope and swipe again.

Nope, never used the soft-limit/hard limit setting. Looked at it a bit but really didn’t understand it that much. I saw with One you just click on whichever Pocket and you can click “Pocket Protector” and it will pull from your Spend Pocket. So you can do it for one Pocket or a few or all. Which seems a bit easier than the soft-limit/hard-limit Envel does.

We need notifications for ach transactions.

1 Like

That makes sense! As I recently posted, we are still going forward with sub accounts!

Cheers,
Jacqui

Our entire notifications are in the process of a major renovation!

1 Like

Hmmm I believe it could be because you have to at least have a certain threshold amount in your Cash. But that is strange, have you had a chance to try this out any other times? Also, are you on the most recent version? I’m very sorry that this didn’t work as expected!

Best,
Jacqui

yes. on the latest version. I have Threshold off because otherwise my home screen tells me I have ZERO dollars in since the AI is not putting money in my cash envelope.

Are you sure this is what is supposed to happen. Because as mentioned by @Obscura he gets declined as well for his Tolls.

@Obscura , when you get declined, how much is in your Cash envelope? I believe there has to be at least a minimum amount before the AI can pull from an external account, e.g. $.87 may be too low. But I am confirming with our dev team!

Also @digiSal , have you had the chance to test this out on any other occasions? And if so did Envel pull from a different envelope as expected?

Best,
Jacqui

For the $0 going to Cash issue, someone else is having that issue. Our dev team said that if you recalibrate your Income/Bills/Subscriptions, and also turn spending guidance on/off/on again, it should show an updated, more reasonable Cash amount. If you wouldn’t mind trying this and letting me know if it works, it would be super helpful!

Please define to me what this means when your team says to do this.