Adding funds

It seems like a very long process to add funds to the account, and it’s not very friendly with the push method. I’d love to use this app more but I can’t figure out an easier way to add funds.

2 Likes

Mine is a slightly different issue, but still related to adding funds: I’ve added two external accounts from Simple and Envel only sees one of the accounts now

Hey Megan,

Welcome to our forum, we are excited to have you on board our app and community!

I’m very sorry that you’ve found the process of adding funds challenging, and I wanted to thank you for your patience. The preferred method among our users for adding funds definitely seems to be direct deposit: step by step instructions here: How do I set up my direct deposit? | Envel Help Center

If you don’t have an employer that does direct deposit, then push transfers are the fastest method for now unfortunately. I agree that it’s not the most friendly, especially if the bank or app you are pushing from doesn’t have a great UI.

However, express ACH transfers are currently in the works! More information on other features we are working on/prioritizing here: Envel update

We will keep this forum posted with our progress on this front and others. For now, thank you again for your patience, and we really value your feedback and contribution to this forum: please feel free to post anytime with your suggestions, questions, etc…

All the best,
Jacqui

Hey Allen,

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you on board! I’m very sorry that your are having issues. Have you opened a support ticket yet? You can do this by emailing support@envel.ai or in the chat function in the app. If you have, I’m happy to check up on it for you and flag it to our support team as a priority.

Would you be able to provide more detail as to how you tried to link these accounts? They were 2 different accounts from Simple, correct? And did you add the accounts through Envel, correct? And have you successfully transferred funds between Envel and either of these accounts? Unfortunately our banking partner places certain limits on the number of external accounts that you can link: however, one option would be to transfer all of your Simple funds into one account, assuming that they allow for instant/free transfers!

I hope this was helpful, and please feel free to post on here anytime with questions, issues, or feedback!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

Yes, I have a Checking and Savings account with Simple, that I added through the Envel app. I’m able to see both accounts in Envel and have transferred money from my Simple Savings account to Envel. When I try to pull funds from my Simple Checking Account, via the Envel app, that account isn’t seen in the “Add Funds” screen.

Robert informed me that only one account can be linked at a time, which lines up with what you’re saying. However to transfer all the funds from one Simple account to the other Simple account, then later transfer those funds over to Envel, would exceed the $1500 per day imposed limit that I’m seeing. Robert suggested that I use Simple to push money to Envel (which for some reason, I didn’t think of)… so I will do that and see how that pans out

1 Like

Hey Allen,

Awesome, I’m glad that Robert was able to help you out! Let me know if you run into any issues with this. The $1500 limit can always be avoided by initiating from external banks (as long as they don’t have their own limits).

Best,
Jacqui

I came from simple too and I made a spreadsheet with all of my goals in simple and then moved everything to safe to spend for the transfer to Envel.

It took a couple of days because you could only transfer $1,500 at a time. Once all the money was at Envil, I went about recreating my goals.

2 Likes