After hard cash limit integration, autopilot no longer splits to custom autonomous envelopes

It appears as if no transfers were made to custom envelopes from income split, even though custom envelopes rules are set appropriately. I tried disabling and renabling autopilot which did not move funds between the custom envelopes.

This was not an issue until the hard spending limit feature was added. I assume it has something to do with the transfer to vault of remainder of daily budget, I.e. no transfer to custom autonomous envelopes happens until the remainder of the cash envelope is transferred to vault. But once that happens, there is no money in the cash account.

Another possibilty is that they are being considered manual envelopes even though they still possess the properties of an autonomous envelope. When opening the custom envelope settings, I am able to set the rules for autopilot. However, when I go to transfer cash out of the cash envelope, the autonomous envelopes are displayed as manual envelopes, separate from the default autonomous ones (cash, vault, etc).

Additionally, there is no way to view autopilot transactions for custom envelopes.

Hey Jake,

Welcome to our community, we are super excited to have you as a user! By ‘Custom’ envelopes, do you mean ‘Manual’ (you cannot set up funding rules for these), or rather the custom ‘Autonomous’ envelopes you just created? The AI prioritizes your 4 default envelopes before funding additional ‘Autonomous’ envelopes that you have created: each time you create a new ‘Autonomous’ envelope, you are able to set which of your custom Auto envelopes take priority.

Thats strange about the custom envelope settings (assuming you are referring to custom ‘Autonomous’ envelopes’): would you mind sharing screenshots so I can share with our engineering team?

Best,
Jacqui

Thanks for the response. Yes, I was referring to the custom autonomous envelopes in the whole post., not the manual ones. Here are screenshots of an example autonomous envelope I created for gas. It displays as a manual envelope when transferring from another envelope, but still has properties (the ability to adjust settings) of an autonomous envelope. I’ll respond to this thread briefly with another screenshot since I’m limited to just one per post at the moment.

Hey Jake,

Thank you! So the issue is that the Gas envelope is not funding, correct?

Best,
Jacqui

It’s both the gas and credit envelopes, since those are the two custom autonomous envelopes I set up.

To clarify the behavior of how these work, the amount per income split is the amount coming out of income and not a “goal” amount to have in the envelope?

Yes! The amount you set is the amount per paycheck you want to allocate towards each other those envelopes. If you have sufficient funds in a given paycheck, your Envel account will fund all of your Envelopes as you indicated. If not, it will prioritize based off of which envelopes you prioritized! Let me know if this is unclear or if you are still having issues.

Best,
Jacqui

It would appear that even though deposits are large enough to cover the custom autonomous envelopes AND the usual autonomous ones, the customs were not getting funded, and a majority of the deposit stays in the cash envelope.

I did try turning the autopilot off and on again, is it possible that this caused something to go wrong with those custom envelopes?

Maybe their behavior changed to manual envelopes (which is why they appear as manual envelopes in the list) upon turning autopilot off, but turning it back on never switches their behavior back to autonomous envelopes.

It looks like those envelopes are showing up under Manual Envelopes so they won’t be funded.

1 Like

Yes, that is what’s happening. They were originally autonomous and behaved like autonomous envelopes. Now, they are being considered manual and do not get income splits, but when editing those particular envelopes, they appear as autonomous.

That is definitely a bug!

Hey there!

Have you received a deposit yet? The custom auto envelopes will only be funded once new deposits hit your account.

And that’s very strange about the custom envelopes being moved down to manual: do you mind testing that again to see if it happens again? I just tested it myself, and even when I switched to Manual the custom auto envelopes stayed in autonomous envelopes.

Best,
Jacqui

Best,
Jacqui

I just received a paycheck today. Even in the deposit notification it does not say it is being split into the custom envelopes.

I did test it just in case and it happened again. Both accounts that were supposed to up as autonomous are listed under manual. Furthermore, it seems like they were somehow changed to manual envelopes all together. My deposit did not get moved into either custom autonomous account.

My guess is switching off and on autonomous mode permanently switched custom autonomous envelopes to manual, despite there still being settings for an autonomous envelope.

Hey Jake,

That’s very strange! Do you mind if I open up a ticket for you in our support portal so that our technical team can investigate what happened (if you haven’t already?)

Just to clarify, you have autopilot on, correct? And you would like to keep it on? And if you recreate the custom autonomous envelopes, and switch autopilot off and on, do funds get transferred into them as expected?

Best,
Jacqui

Yes, go ahead. I never opened a support request. I would like to keep autopilot on.

I created another autonomous envelope, with an income split rule of $10. Then, I turned autopilot off and on again. Money did not move. Then, I transferred money into the Cash account from another envelope and it appears to have transferred only $0.80.

As a feature request (which I might open a separate thread for), it would be helpful to have the ability to view autopilot transactions on custom envelopes, as the case would be in the default autonomous. (Especially when troubleshooting a situation like this!).

Thank you! I will definitely open a ticket on your behalf, this is quite strange. Would you mind letting us know what happens to your new custom autonomous envelope the next time a deposit hits your account?

Also, you should be able to view AI transactions in your custom envelopes, has this not been the case?

Best,
Jacqui

Also, what is the email associated with your Envel account, so I can log the ticket?

That’s correct. The option to toggle is not there and autopilot transactions aren’t labelled any differently than manual transactions, so I’m not sure.

I’ll PM you my email. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I just opened a ticket for you. Which toggle are you referring to?

Best,
Jacqui