Autonomous Envelope creation fails

This was posted on the sub Reddit. Someone tried to create an autonomous envelope and it failed. This worked prior to the last update. I’m on iOS 14.3 Xr if that helps.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this bug. I like the idea of giving my employer different account numbers for direct deposit, but I can’t create the envelope.

1 Like

Hey guys!

Do you mind making sure you have the most up to date version, closing the app and retrying and then deleting and redownloading it (I’m sorry I know these are the most cliche suggestions but they do solve a significant % of bugs, at least for me).

If you are still getting the error (@whatthefisk let me know as well) I will flag it to the team ASAP, and thank you for catching this!)

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

Tried deleting and reinstalling, but I still can’t activate all the autonomous envelopes

Same issue for me. Running Envel on Android 9 (Samsung Galaxy S8).

Thanks guys! @seligsind @whatthefisk @brandens777 are you all still receiving the same error as @brandens777 posted above? If not, if you can send a screenshot that would be super helpful! I am flagging this to the engineering team now, and the most details/screenshots the better.

Thank you all so much for being so on top of things, this helps us immensely in debugging the app!

Here’s my screenshot…

1 Like

Thank you! Our engineering team is aware of the issue and working to resolve it ASAP. Appreciate your help!

Same thing still can’t activate new autonomous envelopes. Also when I tested the shared envelopes I was asked to allow access to my contacts and the app crashed. The learn why envel is better info the app froze and I had to force close.

Thank you for letting us know. Which autonomous envelope were you trying to add? Chatting with our dev/testing team right now to help get this resolved

Hi all!

Chatting to the engineering team about this. @brandens777 @whatthefisk @seligsind would you mind long pressing the “Oops” error message, and taking a screenshot of what pops up? This will help our dev team a lot figure out what’s going on!

Best,
Jacqui + the Envel team

Hello. Nothing happens when I long press the Oops message.

Here you go hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

This helps a lot! Forwarding the the dev team

Also I do have an envelope called gas bill. Maybe that is the conflict with the autonomous envelope gas.

So I removed the envelope I created and tied to use the autonomous gas envelope and got the following error.

Thank you for playing around with it! That’s strange, I played around and was unable to replicate that specific error. I successfully activated my Gas auto envelope, but when I went to create a custom envelope called Gas, it did tell me that I couldn’t use that name as another envelope already existed with that name. So it could be that the similar name to your other Envel envelope created the error.

If you haven’t already, you can always try deleting and redownloading from the App Store. If you have done this, make sure you have the latest version from the App Store, as we fixed a great deal of bugs/issues. If you don’t want to do this, I would try closing the app now that your Gas Custom envelope is deleted: hopefully this will reset things so you can activate it.

Are you able to successfully activate your groceries? And how much $ did you attempt to designate to Gas per month?

Thank you so much for your help! This is definitely a bug we want to address ASAP.

Best,
Jacqui + the Envel team

I had already created the custom gas envelope and the tried to create the autonomous gas envelope. The. It errored out. I could create the charity one with no issue. So are the autonomous envelopes the only ones that will. Work with the AI?

Did you delete the custom gas envelope and then try and create an autonomous gas envelope? Yes, the autonomous envelopes are the ones that work with the AI :grin:

1 Like

As @Tess mentioned, deleting the custom gas envelope, and then closing and reopen (or if that doesn’t work, deleting and redownloading) should allow you to activate the auto gas envelope. Keep us posted!

Hello Jacqueline, so I removed the gas envelope and then closed the app and tried to create the autonomous envelope and it did not work. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app logged in. I then clicked on the envelopes icon a d accidentally went to bills envelope and the app froze. I relaunched and then went back to envelopes and tied to create the autonomous gas envelope and still errored out as seen in screen shot.