Autopilot shortcomings

The autopilot feature is nice but it assumes that it needs all money for your bills at once pull almost all cash coming in. Bills are spread out throughout a given month. Having your card declined because all of you paycheck goes straight to bills should not happen. Being able to set dates for each bill and then allocate enough cash weekly would be a WAY more efficient way to budget.

3 Likes

Hey Chris,

Welcome to our forum! We are excited to have you on board.

Thank you for your feedback: you are going to be update. With our latest app version, you can now input all of your different bills and due dates! We would love to hear your feedback about this new feature, and please feel free to post on this forum anytime with other suggestions or questions.

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

I did this. Yet, the utilities and subscriptions that I input are still being withdrawn from my cash envelope.

I’ve noticed that they in fact two different accounts cash and billing. So you would have to set up any bill to the billing account number. It’s a little rough for sure.

Some bills (ie: streaming services) only have card payment as a pay option so it only has the option to debit from your cash envelope.

If I’m going to specify which charges are bills using the itemize feature, then those that I itemize should debit out of bills. Otherwise, the itemize feature is useless.

2 Likes

Hey Chris!

We’ve heard that this is an issue for many users, and as such we are implementing sub accounts in the coming weeks: with sub accounts, your Bills and other auto envelopes will all be in the same account as your Cash (same account and routing number), and with the tagging transactions feature you will be able to specify which sub envelope each transaction should go into. More info here! Let me know if you have any questions, but I hope that his helps.

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Hey Scott,

With our new = sub accounts feature , your Bills and other auto envelopes will all be in the same account as your Cash (same account and routing number), and with the tagging transactions feature you will be able to specify which sub envelope each transaction should go into. More info here, but I think that this will solve your issue. You will be able to pay all bills with your debit card, and then tag them as ‘Bills’ to be pulled from your bills envelope. Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Jacqui

2 Likes

Super helpful! Thank you for looking into this. Being able to tag certain transactions to bills is great.

1 Like

Hey Chris,

Of course! We are really looking forward to the rollout of this feature, and would love to get your feedback once it comes out.

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

Just to clarify, sub envelopes will be optional, correct? I prefer having them in separate accounts.

Hey Rose,

I asked one of our engineerings, and they said they actually weren’t sure as they are still working on finalizing the feature. This is a great question, and I will update you as soon as I know!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

It’s June 30, Envel 2.0 is out, and I’m still seeing this issue. Even after entering all my itemized bills. I already had enough money in my Bills envelope to cover my expenses for July, but when I got paid today my entire paycheck went into Bills.

To correct it I had to go through the Autopilot setup and recalibrate. Why doesn’t autopilot run when I get my direct deposit? And if it does run, why doesn’t it check my itemized bills against the amount in my Bills envelope?

1 Like

Hey Jason,

Thank you for noting this, we are currently investigating!

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

1 Like