Autosplitting Money in Cash on Payday

Seems like even though my paycheck arrives in the correct Income account (i verified in quickbooks) it gets deposited into Cash. But because it does that it, does this mean it also includes any funds in Cash in the autosplit?

I ask because I had $1 in cash but after paycheck arrived, I now have zero.

does this happen to anyone else?

1 Like

Hey there,

If you have them your income account, it should get split equally amongst the envelopes. Just to clarify, how much is in your cash account now, and how much was there before?

Best,
Jacqui

what do you mean by this question?

Sorry, I meant “if you gave them your income account number”

Yes. I had moved $150 from bills to cash last night and then a $14 transfer from PayPal came at 3:14 am and the AI emptied my cash envelope. This caused my insurance auto-payment to decline. :frowning:

OK then yes. I am not the only one experiencing this and this was happening before the latest update @jacqueline this is the detail you requested in the other post.

If we have any money at all in Cash, when we get paid to our Income account, it empties cash. Assuming by sorting.

And to answer your previous question. Yes, my employer is paying me to the correct income account. Verifiable through quickbooks/paystub.

ugg. I’m trying to think of a workaround. One is to switch off auto-pay on my homeowners and car insurance. If I’m making the payment, I can utilize the card-link feature to have it draw from the correct envelope. Problem here is that I get a discount for having auto-pay enabled.

Another workaround is to pay bills with ACH transfers directly to the routing/account number of the envelope I want to use. This is great because many of my utilities are starting to pass along an extra fee if I want to pay with a debit card. A $3 fee from 5 companies x 12 months adds up to $180/year!

Sub accounts have the potential to make things better. I’m confident we will get there. Envel has so much potential.

Hey Jon,

Thank you for the support! We are very excited about our sub accounts. Completely agreed on using routing/acct numbers to pay bills, I think its ridiculous that companies are starting to charge fees for using debit cards! I highly recommend this option whenever possible, at least for now while we work to get our subaccounts up and running!

Best,
Jacqui

Hey there,

Yes, I checked with our team who works on the autopilot split and your Cash envelopes gets emptied, in order to optimize your split: your surplus Cash gets moved to savings because you have new funds coming in.

Best,
Jacqui

hmm that’s interesting. and i dont know if i like it.

I know I’m using privacy.com for my other envelops but not everyone else wants to go to the trouble.

So, as it is now, its risky to schedule payment to the envel debit card because our balance in the Cash envelop could change due to some kind of deposit. Like Jon’s incident.

Also, for me. One bill changed so I changed the amount and guess what? my Cash envelop emptied.

Whatever we put in Cash manually needs to stay there until we move it. I think.

2 Likes

Hey there,

That’s good feedback, thank you. This didn’t happen before the 1.11.0 update, did it? For me its only something I’ve noticed rather recently. But you definitely bring up a good point, and although I keep saying this, luckily the subaccounts should solve this issue. But for now I will chat with our technical team and see what we can do!

Best,
Jacqui

Yes this happened before the recent update too

Thank you! I chatted with our CEO and he is definitely quite concerned with this issue. We are chatting with our technical team today to try and implement a fix! Thank you so much for your patience.

Best,
Jacqui