Can't add bills envelope to privacy.com

I am trying to add my new card to some of the bills I have and I ran into an issue. I tried to add my envel account into to privacy.com but it does not recognize you guys as a bank? Any idea on this?

1 Like

Have you tried stating NBKC as the bank? All Envel’s accounts are ‘housed’ there :slight_smile:

1 Like

And what do I use for the credentials?

If privacy.com is asking for bank account credentials, use the routing and account numbers which can be accessed by going into an envelope and tapping on the balance available. I’m not very familiar with privacy.com… hope that helps!

Hello Tess, I tried this and it did not work.

Hey there!

We don’t currently facilitate linking to privacy.com, but we are forward thinking and can look into it in the long term!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

2 Likes

I use privacy.com VERY regularly, so linking to it is a BIG desire for me.

I also just ran into the same problem. I need privacy.com and mobile checking to switch over.

Hey Chris,

Welcome to our forum, we are excited to have you! Thank you for the feedback. Having you tried searching for NBKC through privacy.com? NBKC is our banking partner. @brandens777 , have you had any luck on this front? I know that our team has been in communication with Plaid to be searchable/linkable to more external platforms.

Best,
Jacqui

Yeah NBKC bank shows up but I’m not sure what to use for my username and password. As far as I know the envel app only has a PIN

Hey Chris,

Does it give you an option to enter a routing/account number? On some platforms, such as PayPal, when you select NBKC bank it gives you the option to select “Link bank another way” (detailed instructions for linking PayPal to Envel here, which I’m hoping will be a similar process to privacy.com). Sometimes you need to scroll down.
Let me know if this works!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Looks like the only option is the username +password.

Alright, thank you for checking! Do you know if privacy.com has any partner banks that you could look up through Envel? It’s possible that we haven’t yet solved this issue, as other user requests have been more common. However, it’s something that I will definitely bring up to our developer at our weekly team meeting! If you have any other feedback, feel free to let us know

I have not unfortunately. Ill give it another shot and I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Hello, So I tried this both on mobile and laptop and no luck. I don’t see the option to link another way as mentioned in your help doc. I tried using both account number and routing numbers for the username and or password. I also tried to use the direct deposit information instead of my cash account info. And no go. I got a message that said the username and password was incorrect.

Hey Branden,

Thank you for trying! I believe in that case that we still need to reach out to Plaid regarding this issue. I will communicate to the management team in our weekly report, but this could also be a good point to bring up at our focus group!

Best,
Jacqui

So one other thing I can add. Privacy.com allows you to use a debit card it looks like. I ordered mine the other day. As soon as it comes in the mail I’ll try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great idea! @brandens777 have you tried this?

Hello Jacqueline, just tried this and no go :frowning: tried account numbers and debit card number and nothing worked.

Hey Branden,

Thank you for trying this out and letting us know. When you typed in your debit card, what error message did you receive? Did it say that the card was invalid?

I will definitely chat with the team about this and see if we can figure out a way to allow users to connect to privacy.com!

Best,
Jacqui