Concerning ApplePay notifications

This morning I received three emails in a row saying my Envel card has been added to ApplePay on my devices.

I had previously added the card (many weeks ago), but not this morning. As a precaution, I removed the card from my devices and also used the “Freeze Card” feature in the app.

Can someone please let me know if this is a known issue (emails incorrectly being sent)? Or if I have to be concerned that someone somewhere has been able to add my card to their ApplePay devices.

Hey there,

Thank you very much for flagging this! This is not a known issue, but I am alerting the team right now, and will keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience, and my sincere apologies for any trouble this has caused!

Best,
Jacqui

Update: I just chatted with the management team, and they said that this is due to an issue on our end: many mobile wallets links were backlogged and were released at once. The debit card is safe and no need to be concerned! I am going to make another post to communicate this to folks, and I really appreciate you catching this for us!

Best,
Jacqui