Credit card bill payments being rejected without reason?

I have linked my Envel account linked with Capital One. 2 consecutive payments have been returned by Envel but when I called Capital One, it turns out that Envel did not provide a reason for the returned payment. Has anyone else encountered this attempting to pay bills with Envel? I have double checked that account numbers are correct and there is enough in my “cash” envelope for the payments

FWIW, I opened a support thread using the in app chat. The Intercom in-app chat really shouldn’t say “we usually respond in 1 hour”

Hey Nick,

I am so sorry for the delay in responding. I just responded to your chat message, but long story short, your transaction got declined due to the $1,500 daily transaction limit imposed by our banking partner. However, you can easily get around this by initiating transfers from Capital One: it looks like their transaction limit is $5000/day.

Let us know if this doesn’t work, or if you need help with anything else!

Best,
Jacqui

I didn’t specify from which bank initiated the transaction, but it was Capital One not Envel. This should have worked.

Is this being looked into?

Hey Nick,

Yes, see my reply in intercom. I flagged your ticket as top priority to our support team!

Best,
Jacqui

Following up in case anyone else runs into this: in Envel your “envelopes” all have their own account numbers. I was using the ACH information in the transfer section of the app which is only good for depositing money

1 Like

Hey Nick,

Thank you for sharing! We are definitely working on clarifying that in the app. Just spoke with our dev team, and version 1.9.1 should include an additional message for clarification. Apologies again for any stress or trouble this has caused you, and thank you very much for your patience!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like