Envel 1.11.0 has officially hit the app stores! And we want your feedback

Hi friends!

Our team is super excited to announce that our latest updates, Envel 1.11.0, have now hit the app stores. We couldn’t have made these improvements without the feedback from our amazing community!

As always, we are looking for your feedback on what you like, what you don’t like, and what you think we could do better. Anything goes, and your feedback will help us determine our direction and priorities for future versions!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

I think you should have displayed the the What’s New screen upon launch of the app after the update.

Definitely needs more categories for linking transactions and a way to view the spend between all categories.

Still need notifications for bank payments. Only getting notified up debit payments.

Really glad the transfer buttons are in each envelope. SOOO much easier!!

New Icon for Envelope screen is nice
but couldn’t find my Goals (a notice wouldve helped here).

that’s it for now lol

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! Our tech team is in the process of completely revamping the notifications. What other categories would you like to see added?

Home (for home improvement stuff, tools)
Utilities
Loans , Mortgage, Rent
Gifts

2 Likes

Thank you! I will make this request to our UX team, if you can think of any others let us know!

First of all I want to thank team Envel for this update. Few more features that takes Envel to next level would be ability to take pictures and add to transactions, custom icons or pictures for goals or envelopes and little more clarity and simplicity on autopilot.

2 Likes

Hey Tulsi,

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you on board! And thank you for the feedback: these customization opportunities have been brought up before, and I will convey your comments to our team to see if we can prioritize these UX improvements! We definitely want to allow users to customize their experience in the app.

Let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions!

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

Notifications need to work if I’m using a VPN. I haven’t noticed any other apps that have a problem with notifications when I’m on my VPN.

Of all the notifications I get, I put my bank’s notifications at the very top. If I see a fraudulent transaction, I need to turn the card off as quickly as possible. This is good for all involved.

Hey Jon,

Thank you for the feedback! Did you get a chance to bring this up at your session with our team a few weeks ago? And is this a new issue to the new version, or has this always been happening?

Best,
Jacqui

I switched off the VPN during our troubleshooting session and the notifications started working. After the call, I turned the VPN back on and that was when I figured it out. I did send a follow-up email after making several transactions with the VPN on and off. I was able to confirm, that if the VPN is on, notifications do not work. (I was connected to a US server here in Houston for the test)

This is something that must be fixed. Many employers require the use of a VPN, and many others like to run one for privacy reasons.

Hey Jon,

Thank you for explaining/clarifying! I will convey your request to Alwyn and the rest of our tech team, it definitely makes sense.

Best,
Jacqui

I would love for there to be an option to add a percentage amount to each envelope for when autopilot Divys up your income when deposited… To have this option for any envelope we want would be great and not just “x” amount to envelopes after autopilot Divys to the main ones first

1 Like

My old bank i would type my landlords Account # and routing and it would transfer to them. Is this something envel has ? They dont have paypal, cash app, venmo non of that, and Envel does not have checks or bill pay. Any suggestions ??

Hey Mario,

Thank you! This has been brought up several times, and our developers are working on it for upcoming versions! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please let us know.

Best,
Jacqui

Hey Eladio,

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you on board! Absolutely, you can make payments using your acct and routing numbers! Just make sure you use the account number from an envelope or Goal (and make sure that envelope/Goal has sufficient funds), instead of your paycheck/income account (this can only be used for depositing funds).

Let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Best,
Jacqui

I love all the changes you’ve made, but unfortunately the main feature I’ve been waiting for, you have built but still isn’t usable to me.
My only pain point with Envel is not being able to just say move $100 to envelope X on every pay period :frowning:
I don’t personally want to use the AI and never will, as I have no need and like to meticulously control my accounts.
So it appears that only the few pre-defined envelops allow for a certain allotment of money to be deposited automatically per paycheck.
Why would you build that feature and not allow people to use it for their custom envelops?

For instance, I would never use the generic envelop called bills. I have individual envelopes for every bill, so i can quickly see the status of each individual one. But I hate having to manually shuffle the same quantities on money into each account every week when I get paid.

Please extend the auto-deposit per paycheck functionality to custom envelops (at very least for people in manual mode!)

Otherwise, great changes all around with this update.

1 Like

Overall can definitely see the progression! I have several questions, and apologies if this has been asked before, but I’m not able to track the updates as closely as I’d like.

1. Is category tagging primarily meant to be used with subaccounts? Is there a benefit to using them now without sub accts?

2. Note, more of a comment, until the plaid integration is finalized, I’m using my cash account for bills that won’t take routing info from the bills envelope. If we’re meant to tag everything, please note that there some traditional bills (loans, etc) that are coming out of cash. If this is the process, need more tags.

3. I know it’s been asked, but is there any way we can get some visibility to when the sub accounts will be live?

I think you guys have taken great steps towards meeting ex-Simple users needs (sub accounts is the tipping point for me). Thank you for continuing to engage us and please keep the updates coming!

1 Like

It would be nice to add a way to label transactions that I transfer to another envelope. eg… I make a purchase thru a credit card that I have a envelope for at a restaurant, but want to transfer it from my allowance envelope to my credit card envelope, so that way I know what that transaction was for.

1 Like

Hey Jay,

Thank you for the feedback! You can definitely accomplish that by creating new autonomous envelopes (which allow you to set a set $$$ amount per pay period), but I know that this does require you to have autopilot turned on. I know that our original intention for manual envelopes was to keep them manual, but I will see if it’s perhaps possible to allow for the automatic funding of either autonomous or manual envelopes without having autopilot turned on. Again, this is very useful feedback, and we appreciate it a lot! I am glad that your are liking the rest of the updates.

Best,
Jacqui

Hey Daniel,

Thank you for your note! To answer your questions:

1. The categories are mainly to help users better organize/visualize their finances. The tagging feature can definitely be used now to move around transactions after the fact, since not everyone always remembers to use their card link!

2. Thank you for the input! We are adding a category for loans as well as utilities and home imrpovement: are there any more that you can think of?

3. Our dev team is hoping to roll out this feature within the next few months. Unfortunately it’s really tough to give an exact timeline because this feature will have to go through extensive internal testing before even releasing to beta test, and unexpected bugs tend to come up. Also, some of our progress on this feature is dependent on approval from our banking partner, and we can not control the timing of this. However as soon as I have concrete information, I will share on this channel right away!

Thank you for your feedback, and for continuing to engage with us! We really appreciate all the time and effort your have put in to helping us improve our app.

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like