Envel is now in Reddit community

Envel has a new community in Reddit :+1:

3 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you for sharing the news! We are looking forward to connecting with users over as many different channels as possible!

1 Like

It seems that today Envel’s Reddit page was highly active with more members joining the forum.

This is because Simple.com is closing. Lots of customers in search of a new home! The biggest importance for me is a replacement for Expenses. After signing up I can’t tell if there’s a way to automatically move money on a schedule into an Envelope.

1 Like

I hope some staff hop over to Reddit to answer all the questions. OneFinance is being much more responsive

2 Likes

I’m Simple user that’s moved to Envel ever since the announcement. Simple really helped me get my finances in order this last year, specifically utilizing their expenses feature. I’m sad to see them go but excited to try Envel, even if it’s still in its infancy.

1 Like

We were sorry to hear about Simple! But we are hoping to be able to help their users. I’ve created an Envel -> simple topic where y’all can share your favorite simple features, and what you would like to see carried over!

Good thing we have a better app! Are there any questions that you haven’t gotten answered that I can help you out with?

Hey @ryanchristensen, welcome to the community, we are thrilled to have you!

As I’ve mentioned to others, I created at Simple -> Envel board where you and other users can give us your feedback and input. You guys decide how we build are app, so please share your thoughts!

Awesome. Thank you!
See you there.

1 Like

It is the hardest thing to find a new bank relationship. https://www.reddit.com/r/SimpleBanking/comments/ksjpw5/megathread_for_discussing_alternatives/

2 Likes

Not sure how fresh these comparisions are. The missing features of Revolut need to be udpated as follows:

1. Expenses - available
  2. Safe to spend - available. In fact, Revolut will send an alert when you are close to your budeget amount
  3. Instant account to account transfer - available
  4. ACH transfers - one of the fastest transfer
  5. Transaction notifications - instant and informative
  6. Apple Pay - available
  7. Google Pay - available
  8. Dark Mode - available
  9. Custom Transaction Notes - available
  10. Real Time Accuracy - available
  11. Automatic Goal Funding - available
  12. Automatic Expense Funding - available

Basis above, amond the current players, Revolut comes very close to Simple

2 Likes

Especially when you’ve only every used one bank! No matter which app people choose, there will be a transition period to get used to the new features and UI. I’d love to hear your experience with any of the alternatives you have tried!

1 Like

Staff has been more response to me via Reddit than they have on their own forums page, good and bad thing?

@Nomad Have you tried Revolut? I’m curious how customizable their budgeting and expenses are. On their website it mentions things like daily and monthly spend limits, but I don’t see anything about 2 week paycheck cycle, or other options. I would consider signing up if their budgeting is comparatively customizable to Simple. thanks for bringing them to my attention!

1 Like

Do they offer Joint accounts? That is a deal breaker for my wife and I. I think I’m gonna give Envel a month or two and see if they are able to get it enabled before deciding if they are right for us.

1 Like

I haven’t used it. I’m hoping @Nomad has a little insight

Revolut is one of the truely modern apps. They keep improving and adding features. Budgeting feature is good. It will keep alerting you as you reach closer the budget limit. My biggest gripe is that they don’t have any automatic transfers or expenses basis paycheck basis.

2 Likes

Nope. I don’t think any challenger banks currently offering joint accounts even though most of us have this on our high priority list.

2 Likes

How is it that in 2021, on tech bank offers joint / shared accounts??

1 Like