Envel update

Awesome! Stay posted for more details, we appreciate your interest and engagement a lot!

Hi @jacqueline if you’re still looking for beta testers for the sub accounts, I’d like to participate. Think this feature is so important, I’d have no issues dealing with any bugs and providing feedback.

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

Thats wonderful to hear! I will most definitely keep this forum posted with future beta testing opportunities.

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

I would love to be a beta tester. I haven’t transfered anything into my Envel account but if it’s to test sub accounts I would be willing to transfer and run part of my monthly bills through it.

2 Likes

Hey Brock,

Thank you for your interest! I will add you to the list, and we will keep you posted on future beta testing opportunities!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Good morning, Jacqueline!

I’m migrating from Simple as well. Can I sign up to beta-test the sub-accounts? I would much prefer that model over having to keep track of every account number.

Do you have any early thoughts on what the differences will be between free and premium accounts? What features would the premium have over the base-tier?

1 Like

This is interesting @jacqueline. I wondered if paid subscriptions were coming eventually.

Been investigating other fintech’s and Monzo appears to use this model very effectively in EU. They offer some pretty cool features and seem to have a pretty good solution rolled out across the pond. Their US product is not nearly as developed, but I’m in the beta and receiving my card next week. I plan to test them out, and will report back my thoughts.

Last thought: If your sub accounts feature works as it should, I’d be ready to commit 100% to Envel, and delete the other apps I’m testing.

Last last thought: if a paid subscription offers the right value, and accelerates the growth of new features, I’m totally in.

1 Like

Hi there,

Definitely, I will add you to the list! We are currently conducting internal testing and don’t have formal plans laid out for beta testing, but I will see if I can get you an update at our all team meeting tomorrow.

We haven’t discussed the premium account in a while because our developers are currently prioritizing improving features and functionalities for all of our users. So unfortunately I don’t have an update currently, but I will definitely let you know when I do!

Also, please feel free to post on here anytime with comments, suggestions or questions!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

Thank you for all of your thoughts! They are always welcome. As I mentioned in my reply to @Chaemarileon , we have not discussed the premium version in a while, but it is definitely part of our long term road map.

We are currently internally testing our sub accounts, and look forward to sharing them with our users and getting your feedback!

Best,
Jacqui

Give paying users a metal card :grin:

2 Likes

A metal card would be awesome

2 Likes

Hey Leonard,

Welcome to our community forum, we are super excited to have you on board! Thank you for your feedback, I will add your vote for medal cards :smile:

If you have any other suggestions, feedback, or questions, feel free to post on here anytime!

Best,
Jacqui

Couldn’t agree more @wmech … metal card would be awesome!

1 Like

I’m excited for the sub envelopes! I was wondering in the mean time before this is implemented if the was a way to keep the card linked to bills so all my auto payments can come from my bills envelope? Currently I have autopilot off so I can keep all my bill money in cash, I’d like to take advantage of autopilot and it seems the easiest way to do that is if there’s a way to have my card default linked to bills. Sorry if that has already been asked, there’s a lot of info in this community to sift through.

4 Likes

@Eireann currently there is no way but what I did was get a PayPal debit card and linked it to my Bills account.

For online payments I signed up for privacy.com to get virtual cards for my Bills account but you have to message them after you made your account to ask if they’ll let you verify without plaid. They won’t do it for everyone though. Trial basis.

2 Likes

I use the bill envelope routing/account number (ACH) monthly payments based on the calibration towards autopilot to make it more flexible without using the debit card

1 Like

Very few of my bills get paid thru a routing number almost all of them require a debit card

1 Like

I’m going to try this because most of my utilities and bills have started charging $2-3 fees for debit card payments. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been trying this method, but not all merchants recognize Envel’s partner bank NBKC and will sometimes reject payment without immediately informing you, so watch for that.

1 Like