External Account Linking (via Plaid)

Hi,

After linking my American Express Personal Savings account via Plaid, I was able to view my account balance, however several days thereafter, the total balance is now missing, but the account’s transactions remain.

Could you please confirm if this is an issue either with envel or the Plaid API.

I have linked other accounts i.e. Citibank and they seem to be working fine. It only appears to be an issue with AMEX.

Thanks,
Barry.

Hi Barry! Welcome to the forum! We’re thrilled to have you here and asking questions in order to perfect Envel’s app and your experience!

Apologies for the inconvenience! Please can you dm me the email/ number you signed up with so I confirm where the issue is and get it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am also experiencing a similar issue. Plaid gets all the way to letting me choose the account to link and an error message pops up that says, “Something isn’t right. We would like to resolve and get back on track with the app as soon as possible”

Hey Coley,

I’m so sorry about that! Are you able to long press the error message, and screenshot it? If this is an Envel issue, then this will let our engineers know what’s going on. Also, what external account are you trying to link?

Best,
Jacqui

I’m trying to link my savings account at a local credit union. It goes as far as having me select the account with the balance and everything and as soon as I hit ok, this happens.
screenshot

Hey Coley,

My apologies, it looks like you sent two screenshots but for some reason my computer is just pulling up the one. Would you mind just sending the one where you long press the error message?

Thank you so much, and I am sorry for the extra trouble!

Best,
Jacqui

I only had the one screenshot. That’s all I get.

If you long press (click it for a while), nothing else pops up?
There is a limit on the number of external accounts you can link. How many other accounts have you linked?

I am very sorry for the trouble!

Best,
Jacqui

Nope. I can either click the link to go to support. If I long press, it just closes itself out.

I don’t have any other accounts linked. I did have my savings from Simple linked briefly, but I unlinked it once I transferred that balance to Envel.

Hey Coley,

I apologize for the late reply. I am chatting with our lead engineer right now to see if we can get this resolved!

Best,
Jacqui

So I believe that this error is because you haven’t completely unlinked your Simple account. Have you followed these instructions? Once you do you should have no issues linking to your credit union, but please let me know if you do!

Also, here are step by step instructions for adding funds to your Envel account.

Best,
Jacqui

So I was able to add my credit union account via “Add Funds,” but I want to add it on the “My Envelopes” screen so I can keep an eye on my balance there. It’s not working on that screen.

I see. Did you completely remove Simple? You are referring to the ‘External Bank Accounts’ section of your Envelope screen, correct? When you select ‘Connect New,’ how far are you able to get?

Yes, I completely removed Simple, even though I want to be able to pull the rest of those funds when I close that account. Yes, I’m talking about the “My Envelopes” screen. I get to the very end where it allows me to select my account and even shows the balance. When I select the account, I get that error message I screenshotted above and in the background, Plaid goes back to the beginning.

Thank you! Would you be able to try long pressing just one more time and see if anything pops up? Its hard to know what the problem is without knowing the specific error message you are getting. I am very sorry about the trouble!

Got it! Though it doesn’t look like it’ll tell you much…

Thank you, that’s super helpful! I will share with our engineers and get back to you.

Hey Coley,

I checked with various members of our engineering team, and they all said that this is unfortunately a Plaid issue. Would it be possible for you to contact Plaid’s user support team? I’m so sorry that we couldn’t be more helpful.

Best,
Jacqui

Will do :slightly_smiling_face:

(apparently that was too short of a reply)

1 Like