Goals and Custom Envelopes

What is the difference between custom envelopes and Goals? When I’ve looked at both they seem to be pretty much the same. If they are the same then why have both? Why not merge both into one feature?

Hey John,

Your Goals are funded daily by our autopilot feature, whereas with custom envelopes, all the transfers have to be manual. However, you can also make manual transfers to your Goals. Let me know if this doesn’t make sense!

Best,
Jacqui

@jacqueline yeah, that makes sense but why have both? Why not merge Goals into custom envelopes and remove the Goal section? Be one less section taking up space in the app.

Then have it to where you can tell custom envelopes if you want to have autopilot on for each envelope.

2 Likes

Hey John,

That’s an interesting idea, I will definitely run it by our product team! I think the difference is mainly the purpose of the envelope: Goals are for a specific purpose due at a specific date, whereas Custom envelopes are more open-ended, and can be for recurring payments, or general expenses such as $ for clothing shopping, that don’t necessarily have a due date or fixed amount.

Best,
Jacqui