Having trouble launching the app

Hi,

Ran into this issue once before and it seemed to be related to location permissions (it seems the app doesn’t function properly if you have the “While using the app” selection for location data), however I’ve since selected “Always”, so I don’t think that’s the cause of the problem now.

Basically, I’ll still get notifications about spending limits, etc. but any attempts to open the app only lands me on the splash screen with the Envel logo. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail, and have attempted to leave the screen open to allow for the app to load. Obviously this is not ideal in any way, since I’d like to check my balances.

Anyone else run into this issue and have steps to resolve?

I’m currently on an iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14.4, and Envel version 1.8.4

Hey Kevin,

I’m so sorry that you are having trouble! I can definitely make sure you get help with this, although for the quickest response I recommend emailing support@envel.ai. If you let me know your ticket number or the email you submitted it under, I can make sure you get help ASAP. I am also logging as a bug to our dev team. Appreciate your feedback and patience!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi, I sent in a message from kcastro.build@gmail.com, and copied over my previous post’s text. Appreciate the quick response!

@jacqueline I haven’t received a response from support. I’m hoping to just increase the cash limit on my account because I still can’t launch the app and check my balances. Please advise what the next steps should be.

Hey Kevin,

I can’t find ant support tickets under that email. I did see a user named Kevin with the email of me@kevin… is this you? However, there are no messages from this email.

Did you email support@envel.ai? Have you received any communication or response from the Envel Team? Do you have a ticket number? Any additional information would be helpful!

I’ve flagged this issue to the dev team, who should be able to help you get this figured out tomorrow. Appreciate your patience and effort!

Best,
Jacqui

@jacqueline

Yes, that email is from me – I didn’t receive a ticket number, but I did get a reply from @Diederik . I was able to provide them with a screen capture of the issue at hand, which they have sent along to the dev team. Is there anything we can do in the interim to make sure I’m not subject to the card declining since I can’t change my STS limit on my card? I’m fine with losing access to the app for the time being, but I can’t lose access to my money!

1 Like

I will reach out to Diederik now to get an update for you! Would you just like to know the balance in your Cash envelope, or add additional funds to I?

Thank you for your patience, and this should be resolved in the upcoming version!

I am currently experiencing this. Was trying to access my acct to set up my payments for my CC and car loan

What ended up working as a solution while they fox the underlying issue was to uninstall the app, restart your phone, then reinstall the app. That should allow you to sign back in and use the app normally.

1 Like

Hey there! Are you still having troubles? Thank you @nivek for the advice!

Quick update on this issue – I had started having the exact same with this again, and uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling didn’t help. I had location services enabled, but I would see the same launch screen (with the Envel icon), so I don’t think that the location would factor into this issue at all. What did fix it is disabling my VPN temporarily, then launching the app. Even after reconnecting to my VPN the app worked, so I’m guessing the issue could be related to some kind of verification that takes place as the app launches. It might be a good idea to add some kind of error handling so the actual error is at least displayed on screen. That might help nail down the underlying issue with the app, so it can be fully addressed.

Since I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app, there’s the extra guarantee that it’s still present in the latest version of the app.

I’ve copied the above as a reply to my ticket, for record keeping, but I wanted to share in case another user encountered this issue and was searching the forums.

1 Like

Wonderful- thank you for looking out for other users! Appreciate it a lot, and do let us know if you have other feedback or issues.

Best,
Jacqui