How much is safe to spend?

Hey there,

If you have your Cash limit set to ‘soft limit,’ your card shouldn’t get declined!

Also, would you mind sending over screenshots of the different Cash amounts you are seeing, so I can share with the team?

Best,
Jacqui

Here you go. You know what’s odd? The $200 is kind of faded out in the envelope screen. Makes me think it’s pending. Or could just be a design glitch.

Thank you! This has been an ongoing issue that our developers are working to fix for the next version. I will follow up with them to see when they are planning to implement this fix!

You were correct. I did not get declined with soft limit on. My cash envelop is decreasing with every spend as it should, but the spend still says 0 fyi

Thank you for the update! Is this just on your home screen, or you Cash envelope as well? What happens if you toggle autopilot on and off?

Best,
Jacqui

Just my homescreen thats says 0.

I don’t want to toggle it on and off because in the past my other envelopes have been emptied when I do that. I guess I can screenshot everything. I’ll let you know if I do it.

1 Like

Hey there,

I chatted with our dev team, and the issue is that since the $200 was an internal transfer (from your Bills to Cash) it was not split by our AI. The home screen only shows what’s in your cash envelope from the AI split. They did say that switching the AI on and off should resolve this, but I understand if you don’t want to. Also, they recommended switching on soft limit if you haven’t already!

Best,
Jacqui

But the thing is, we dont want/need this transfer to be autosplit. We want it to be recognized as “Cash Left for the next X Days” or as “Guilt Free Cash”.

The app notification recognizes it as “Guilt Free Cash” because it tells me the balance left of that $200. So, the home screen should show me the current balance whether the balance came from AutoSplit or Not.

My home screen should say 149.82 just like this notification says and just like the Cash Envelop says.

shouldn’t it?

I think this answers my “Shouldn’t it” question.

we need a screen that shows us our Guilt Free Cash.

1 Like

That’s an excellent point! I am logging this to our dev team, thank you for the feedback.

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Actually, I looked at your earlier screenshots, and the reason the 200 is in grey is that you appear to have your cash limit turned on. If you turn it off (turn spending guidance off), what happens to the number on your Cash on the home and envelope screens?

1 Like

Yes that worked but now auto split won’t leave me money in Cash on Payday right?

I want to take full advantage of the AI so that’s why I had the spending guidance on but if I need to move money to cash the total in home screen should change too. Just like it does in the notification.

Aaand regarding the greyed out cash you really need some kind notice to us why it’s like that.

1 Like

Hey there,

Turning spending guidance off will definitely not prevent the AI from putting funds into your Cash envelope! It will just give you access to all of those funds at once.

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

I got paid again today and the AI split money into my Bills, plus finally into the Vault and Emergency, BUT, none to Cash? Why? I had to manually move money in there.

Hey there,

This happened to me too, because the app prioritizes your Bills and Savings over Cash. If you look back at the itemized bills you entered, is the total amount you indicated per paycheck greater than your paycheck was this time?

Best,
Jacqui

No, my check wasn’t greater. Does it prioritize Vault and Emergency over Cash? That’s what seems to have happened.

It should give you at least some Cash…we have seen several issues with the AI split similar to yours that we are currently investigating. I apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience!

Do you mind if we open up a ticket on your behalf so we can look into your account and see what’s happening on our end?

Best,
Jacqui

I have one open already. Please have a look. its under my username here @gmail.com

thank you, having a look at it now!