How to autopay with PayPal?

So the Envel FAQs tell you how to link PayPal to autopay, but they don’t say how autopay works with PayPal through Envel:

“ You can auto pay bills by linking your account to paypal or venmo so please read this article on paypal if you are interested.”

So how do you set up a bill autopay to go through PayPal and only pull from Envel? Can you use PayPal to pay credit cards, since Envel doesn’t seem to support credit card payments?

I think this only works if PayPal is payment option at the Merchant. Netflix for example. If you select PayPal on their website, you can then select your Envel Bills bank account that you previously added to Paypal.

Hey there!

It varies by merchant, some allow you to enable autopay directly to Envel without using PayPal. Which merchants are you trying to set up?

Best,
Jacqui

I’m still trying to figure out how I can pay my BofA credit card bill with Envel. I’ve tried nearly every avenue and it’s just not working. It’s getting a little tricky since payment is due soon. The only thing I can think of is having money pushed to my Chime account from Envel (which takes up to 5 days!) and then paying with Chime. I still don’t understand why BofA doesn’t recognize Envel. I mean, it recognizes Envel, but it doesn’t accept payments from Envel!

@r33c3 read your other posts. that crazy that bofa doesnt recognize envel. And for sure your cash envelop had money when it tried to withdrawal that one time?

Hey there,

I’m sorry if I’ve asked this before, but could you remind me which envelope you tried to link, and what error message you are getting from BoA?

Best,
Jacqui

Cash envelope.

I get this almost instantaneously.

I called BofA. They say the reason the payment was rejected was because NBKC rejected their request for withdrawal. She explained this is likely because NBKC isn’t coded properly to accept requests from BofA, since I had money in my account to cover the payment. She said this is very weird and likely because NBKC is a new bank. She also said she’s never seen this happen with another bank before!

They say my only option to pay the bill is to make it in CASH at a local BofA branch. How crazy is that???

Hey there,

Wow, I’m so sorry about that! I will chat with our support team to see if there is anything we can do. We have also been in contact with NBKC about these types of issues, and are working with them to get it resolved. We appreciate your patience a lot and apologize sincerely for the trouble!

Best,
Jacqui