How to send money to external accounts?

How can I send money to external accounts? I see that I can PULL money, but don’t see any option to send it. Am I missing something?

Hey Conner,

If you select “Send” on your “Envelopes tab” (far left on the bottom), you can enter the amount, select the origin envelope to pull the funds from, and then on the next page, select “Bank Account” to send to any accounts you have linked.

More info and step by step instructions here:Intercom

Let me know if anything is still unclear!

Best,
Jacqui

Thanks for the quick response, Jacqui! These steps made sense, however my Acorns account doesn’t seem to be an option when I get to that part )even though my Acorns account is linked!) Is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

So I unlinked my acorns account, and tried to re-link it to see if that would give me the option to send funds there, and I got the following error message.

Does Acorns not integrate with Envel?

Potentially a better question would be, is it possible to manually link a bank without using Plaid?

1 Like

Hey Connor,

We should! You said you successfully linked the account before, correct?

I assume that you received that error message when trying to link to Acorn through the Envel app. Does Acorn give you the option to link an account without using Plaid? If so, you may be able to use a similar method to Venmo and Paypal, outlined in these articles:

If these don’t work, I recommend deleting and redownloading (sorry for the annoying suggestion, but in my experience it does solve a lot of problems). If this still doesn’t work, let me know; I also recommend emailing support@envel.ai, and if you let me know the email linked to your Envel account, I can follow your ticket and make sure you get a prompt reply. I can also open one for you if you prefer, just let me know!

Best,
Jacqui

Yes, definitely need to add a non-Plaid bank account (I transfer funds monthly to a credit union that services my mortgage). Help? :slight_smile:

Hey Kate,

Welcome to our forum: we are excited to have you on board!

Do you mind telling me which account(s) you are trying to add? One method that doesn’t use Plaid is micro deposits: How to Link Envel to Venmo | Envel Help Center

I’m not sure if this will work, but it’s worth a try! Also, if the account you are trying to link to Envel link to Venmo or Paypal, you may be able to transfer through these 3rd party apps (which I realize is not ideal, but it’s an option!)

If you let me know the specific accounts, I can definitely do more research. Please let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi Jacqui, I think I figured it out going backwards from my credit union to Envel :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Kate,

I’m so glad to hear it! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions, issues, or feedback, that’s what this forum is for!

Cheers,
Jacqui

I am also having a problem with this. I use my brick and mortar bank account for when I write checks but my direct deposit goes into Envel. Its a local bank and was able to connect to Envel (in that I can see my current balance on the Envel app) but I can’t withdraw money from Envel to send to the other bank. And my local bank sure doesn’t let me connect accounts to IT.

Hey there,

I’m sorry that you are having issues. Have you tried linking to Envel through your external bank? If you do so, make sure that you link your Cash (or another envelope)'s routing and account numbers, and not your direct deposit routing number (this is only for deposits to your Envel account).

Also, what happens when you try to push funds from Envel into that external account?

Best,
Jacqui

I don’t think my other bank allows me to do that. It’s a local bank, not something big like Chase or BMO.

I don’t even have the option to chose my other account to push funds into. I’ve got the Simple account hooked up still, which I can’t figure out how to detach, either, so if you could help me there, I’d appreciate it. But I’ve only got 1 account to choose from for pushing money and not the one I want.

Hey Heather,

I see, thank you for clarifying! Do you mean that your bank isn’t searchable in the Envel app? One option, if possible, is to link your external bank and Envel to your Venmo or PayPal account, and transfer funds this way. Below are articles on how to do this for Envel.

Do you mean how to detach Simple from Envel or Simple from your external bank account? Unfortunately I don’t know much about the latter.

Best,
Jacqui

https://app.intercom.com/a/apps/wvpuumzt/articles/articles/4869888/show

My bank account is currently attached to Envel. But when I try to push money to it, it is not an option for me. As you can see from the screen shot (hopefully it works) Simple is still attached to it and is the only option in the Push screen. And I’m wanting to detach Simple from Envel.

Screenshot_20210507-152243|432x500

I’m actually thinking maybe taking out money from an ATM and depositing in my bank is the quickest option…but I’m limited to max per day amounts.

Thank you for the screenshot! Centier is the external bank you want to send money to, correct? You should be able to disconnect your Simple accounts when you swipe left on the envelope and click on the trash button. When you click on the ‘Send’ button on the envelope screen, select an amount and the origin envelope, and then select ‘Bank Account,’ what options are you seeing? Centier Bank should should up there.

Best,
Jacqui

No, the centier isn’t showing up yet. I deleted the Simple but thats still the only one appearing when I try to send.

Okay I called my bank and I guess they use some third party app called Cash Edge to do external transfers, so I had to go do some shinnaneangs with them and now I’m waiting to see if it works out.

1 Like

Hey Heather,

Thank you for the update, and for reaching out to Cash Edge! Please keep me posted, and let me know whether you are able to send money to Centier!

Best,
Jacqui