I can’t be the only one…

Is it just me, or am I the only one that hates the use of the emoji when using your pin code to unlock the app?

2 Likes

Hi Anthony! You are not the only one so we are reviewing our use of emojis throughout the app :slight_smile: Having said that, the emojis to a certain extent do convey how carefree, easy and fun we want banking to be :partying_face:

Please keep posting feedback though! Our purpose is to cater to our users’ needs and preferences so the more feedback we get, the more changes we can make to align Envel with our users :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thanks for all you guys do!! Keep up the great work

1 Like

Technically speaking, I’m a millennial and showing this app to a bunch of other millennials and I can say none of us liked the way the current UI is, especially the emoji and the use of colors. I’m not sure why emoji would convey easy and fun but in fact it conveys unseriousness of being a banking app. This is not snapchat or tiktok. I need to trust my money and financial with it so I would want the app to look serious at least. Please remove the use of the emoji brain too, it really doesn’t look good at all.

2 Likes

31 y/o millennial here as well :wave:t3:

@amandalt maybe were too old to appreciate it. Those darn Gen Zers shakes fist

I’m 41 and the UI isn’t really my thing but I can live with it as long as I can get the AI to behave. However my daughter who’s turning 19 this year preferred Envel.AI over One Finance when shown the two apps.

So take that for what it’s worth. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Appreciate the note! It was definitely designed with a younger (college students, Gen Z) audience in mind, but we are aiming to make it more widely tolerable at least! So feel free to let us know if you have suggestions on aspects you would like to change

College freshman here, personally I don’t mind the emojis and colors.

That said, allowing users to opt-out of the Gen Z aesthetic for a cleaner, emoji-free UI would be a welcome change for many.

The team over at Discord have recently undergone a similar transformation - less memes, but retaining that carefree, close-knit community feel.

3 Likes

Hey Leeman,

Welcome to our forum, and thank you for the note! We appreciate a student perspective a lot as this is a primary target audience for us.

In general we are working to tone down some of the flashier UI elements (namely emojis). Are there other UI changes you would like to see? Or would you prefer that users get to choose between various UI designs?

Excited to have you on board, and please feel free to post on this forum any time with any questions or feedback!

Best,
Jacqui

I think having an option between a “flashy” UI for the Gen Zers, and a minimalistic UI for us Millennials would be great

2 Likes

I would absolutely recommend allowing users to choose between various UI designs. Like mkoby’s daughter, a lot of users are going to really latch on to the current aesthetic with the vibrant colors and emojis.

Also, Gen Z people love customizing things, so you could even double down and allow them to choose which specific emojis and colors they see with a greater degree of control than they presently do.

This change could also cater to the more mature users who could simply choose to have a more muted palette with no emojis. This way, instead of designing multiple preset UI’s, the user could essentially design their own UI.

(Also, on the note of customization, it’d be great if we could set our own custom thumbnails for our Goals)

1 Like

Hey Leeman,

Thank you for these suggestions! I’m adding them all to our feedback board, and also sharing with the design team.

I agree that Gen Z’s appreciate the ability to customize wherever they can. I love the idea of thumbnails for goals, as not all of our stock images capture the wide variety of goals people have been seeing!

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

I’m a 31 year old and I like that the app is colorful. There’s about 1000 banking apps that are white with one color through the app and I’m over it. I also don’t mind the emojis, it doesn’t effect me negatively at all. I don’t understand why a banking app HAS to be super serious as long as it does its main job. I know the design is being reworked but I really hope the colorful scheme stays.

1 Like

Thanks Billy! We also really love the fun and playful feel of the emojis so they are here to stay with some options for less emojis coming in the next few weeks :raised_hands:

1 Like

It’s not your grandparent’s bank for sure. :grin:

1 Like