I can’t log in into my envel anymore, please help

I can’t log in into my envel anymore. Please help

Hey there,

I replied to your other post, and as I mentioned will bring this up at our support call in 10 minutes so that you can get assistance ASAP!

Best,
Jacqui

Yes please

I’m trying to access my money since I have to swipe before spending it

Hey there!

This should have been resolved last night around 8pm. Please let me know if you are still having issues!

Best,
Jacqui

I just tried logging in again and it’s giving me the same error message

Hey there,

I’m so sorry about this, I just followed up with our compliance team and will let you know as soon as they get back to me!

Best,
Jacqui

Alright Thank you ………::::………….

Hey there!

My colleague just reached out to you explaining the issue. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi

No one has reached out to me yet

Please help me, I put my money in envelopes and I can’t use it if I don’t swipe, I really need access to the money

Hey there,

My colleague Wilson reached out to you 5 hours ago.

Best,
Jacqui

Hi no one has reached out to me yet,

What platform are they reaching out to me?

I believe it was through the chat function in the app, but may have been email. Here is what he said:
‘It appears the device you are using was already in use by another account holder. Please try logging in from a different device. Thank you!’

Best,
Jacqui

Hi

I tried logging in with my friends Android and it logged in but I can’t transfer money around

So does that mean that I can’t use my iPhone anymore to access my own account to get to my money?

Hey there!

That’s probably because your account was locked. Who on our support team have you been communicating with? If you tell this to them, they should be able to assist! Let me know if you don’t receive a timely reply.

Best,
Jacqui