Insufficient Funds, Confused!

Ok, I paid two bills, using the Bills Envelopes routing and account number. Got up this morning with transactions, two saying Withdrawal From Income and two saying Deposit From Income. The Deposit From Income says “Description R01: Insufficient Funds”. All four of these transactions were for those two bills.

I am confused, why is it saying Insufficient Funds when I have well enough money in my Bills Envelope to pay all my bills. Am I not supposed to use the Bills Envelopes routing and account numbers to pay bills? Very confused.

yes. sounds like you did everything right. but you should double check you did in fact use the correct account numbers.

in two months. i havent had this issue. fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hey John,

I’m so sorry you are having issues! Where are you seeing these 4 transactions, in your bills envelope or the transactions page? The 2 transactions per bill are due to the fact that 1) funds are drawn from one account and 2) deposited into another. Some users do find this confusing, so if you would like I can try and see if we are able to change this. Our system just currently registers 1 and 2 as separate events.

Do you mind screens hotting the insufficient funds transaction? And let me know where in the app you are seeing it. Did these bills get declined, or were you able to pay them?

Best,
Jacqui

Believe all 4 were under the transactions page but moved the two “Withdrawal From Income” to Bills Envelope.

So, just to make sure, the two bills were paid, right? Cause this is very confusing to me and makes me feel like maybe they weren’t paid.

I’m very sorry for any stressed this has caused! This is definitely not the user experience we want. The withdrawal from income just means that funds were moved out of your income account and into an envelope (Bills I’m guessing). Do these 4 transactions show up as pending? There should be one that shows the vendor you paid the bill to, are you seeing that? Any screenshots would be helpful! Again, I’m so sorry that you are having a negative experience and we will definitely get to the bottom of this.

Best,
Jacqui

Double check with the merchant that your bills were paid. Sounds to me like it was returned to you and that they weren’t paid.

Ok, where are you seeing that notification?

The notifications are under my Bills Envelope. Also, got two more today from same billing place under Cash both say "Deposit From Income and the transaction numbers match the transaction number from yesterday that was listed as “R01: Insufficient Funds”. But todays just has the “Capital One Online PMT” info.

Todays say “Deposit From Income” +25.00

Hey John,

Thank you for sending over the screenshots. The R01 one is from your Bills, correct? If so, my best guess is that there were insufficient funds in your Bills envelope, so Capital one pulled from your Cash. How have your Cash and Bills envelope balances changed since these transactions?

Best,
Jacqui

Yes, both of the R01 are from Bills. As said in chat both were returned but trying now to pay using Cash Envelope info instead and hope that works.

1 Like