Managing household and shared finances with Envel

My husband is trying to send me $3,300 for his share of the monthly bills. He’s trying to add that to our shared envelope. But it says there’s a $1500 limit!!! We have to pay our mortgage! How can he send me this money?? He’s trying other ways to send the money and it’s the same error. And now he’s trying just to send $1500 and it says he can’t deposit more than $1500 a day. And since he got his direct deposit today it’s not allowing him. Pay day is the day we handle all our financial transactions for the month which involves transfers well over $1500. Timing is everything for this. So what do we do?

Hey there,

The $1500 should only be for pull transactions, unless the bank he is sending from also has a limit. Have you tried pushing from the external bank?

Best,
Jacqui

This is from his own Envel account. From one of his envelopes to the shared envelope. He gets an error message. And then when he clicks on the link I in the error it says he can’t do more than $1500 per day. I read in another message that your partner bank doesn’t allow deposits of more than $1500 a day. This is absolutely insane.

Hey there,

I’m very sorry, I wish we could fix this but unfortunately its imposed by our banking partner as we’ve mentioned. However, you should be able to transfer freely between envelopes without limits. If there is a limit you can always do multiple consecutive transfers: let me know if this doesn’t work!

Best,
Jacqui

Do you mean he should he be able to do consecutive transfers with 24 hours in between? Or immediately (seconds later)? In that latter, that is not happening.

Also, does the shared envelope count as being eligible for these consecutive transfers or what? Am I not getting a clear answer from anyone on this.

Hey there,

My understand was that you should be able to transfer immediately between any envelopes. We haven’t had this come up as an issue before. However, it appears that the shared envelopes may be an exception, if your husband is not the owner of the shared envelope. I would like to loop in a member of our engineering team to confirm: have you opened a ticket on this issue?

Best,
Jacqui

He said he wrote a message 3 days ago that no one has responded to. There is no ticket.

This is the error message he gets when he tries to move money from the Cash Envelope to the Share Envelope.

It looks like “this customer” implies you have a specific problem associated with one of our accounts.

Hey there,

See my response to your other post!

Best,
Jacqui