Mobile Check Deposits

I don’t deposit a lot of checks, but this is kind of important. Rebate checks, refunds, tax payments, just helping out the neighbor, etc. I feel like this should be a basic account feature but understand things take time.

This is a needed feature for me.

5 Likes

I know this is commong from vague comments around, but something of a rough timeline would be great for mobile check deposits and apple pay.

1 Like

I completely agree! I get about 10 checks a month since I collect rent and utilities from all my roomies.

Thank you for the note, I’m updating our team board and feedback spreadsheet to increase the on our priority list! But it is definitely in our pipeline :wink:

10 roomies?! :scream:

1 Like

Haha thankfully no just 4 but I pay for rent, utitlies, and cleaning, and most of those come in check from so 12 checks/month to be precise.

Luckily, I opened up one roomie to the magic of Venmo, working on the others!

It’s happening less and less, but many of my older customers reach for the checkbook when it’s time to pay. I don’t mind, no fees to process a check.

1 Like

Hey Jon,

I actually still pay my rent and utilities with paper checks as well, and deposit at least one a month to my Bank of America account. We are continuing to look for a partnership with an app that would allow us to do this!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Is there an update on the current status ? I went to deposit a check today and realized I could not :frowning:

Hey Julius,

Unfortunately not at the moment :slightly_frowning_face: I’m very sorry to say. However, a lot of our users have been using third party apps like Into, or gone to physical locations (such as Walmart) to deposit checks. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience!

Best,
Jacqui

My wife had a check the other day and was furious that she could not do a photo deposit in the app like every other bank we’ve used. This is a big deal and she is thinking of leaving Envel because of it.

Paying a fee to deposit a check is not something we are willing to do.

Hey Jon!

I’m so very sorry about this. However, we did just discover that Paypal does mobile deposits, and is very easy to link to Envel. I know this isn’t the most convenient option, but hopefully it can help! Some of our users also use the Ingo app.

All the best,
Jacqui

Using PayPal, Venmo, or Square isn’t an option because they all process via Ingo and there is a $5.00 minimum fee or you’ve got to wait 10 days. Then you’ve got to do a transfer from PayPal to Envel causing an additional fee/delay.

I wish checks were going away but that’s not happening for at least a generation, possibly more. What is the status of mobile check deposit? Is this on the roadmap?

Hey Jon,

My apologies, I know that none of these options are ideal! Check deposits are certainly on our roadmap. The team are currently working with our banking partners to hopefully provide within the next 3 months.

All the best,
Jacqui