Moving transactions between envelopes

Is it possible to move transactions between envelopes? If I use my debit card for Gas but forget to switch it to the Gas envelope before hand, can I move the transaction over after the fact? Or better yet, can I set rules so transactions from certain vendors automatically get spent from specific Envelopes?

3 Likes

Not currently, but they’ve been listening and are talking about it internally.

2 Likes

I really hope they prioritize this! Seems like a very important safeguard because of the multi-account envelopes. So easy to forget or not have time to switch your debit card to pull from the envelope you want beforehand

3 Likes

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this up! I have already flagged this to our engineering team, and I agree that it makes sense. Lots of people may forget to link their card to the correct envelope in the moment, but then later want to reorganize things. I will mention it again to the team!

Another similar feature that folk have brought up is the ability to also add notes post transaction. In general I think that the more customization, the better, as each user is different and may want to tweak the AI’s allocation of funds. Stay posted!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team

3 Likes