Envel Community

New Year, New Us: What would you like to see from Envel in 2022?

Dear Envel Community,

2021 has been a huge year for us, having only gone live in December 2020! We couldn’t be more grateful for everyone who has joined and contributed to this community.

Whether you’ve beta tested, hopped on calls with us, pointed out bugs, or posted your feedback, we truly appreciate each and every one of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and hope that you will continue to be a part of our journey. At such an early stage in our growth, your individual contributions are paramount to our success. :rocket:

Feelings aside: in your ideal world, what would you like to see from Envel in 2022? We are planning some major feature integrations (fractional investments, plaid integration, subaccounts, and crypto trading), so keep an eye out for these.

What changes would you like to see in the app or how we operate as a company, small or large? Where could we improve? What is still keeping you from making Envel your primary bank account?

Any feedback is good feedback, and we really look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Jacqui + the Envel team :tropical_drink: :partying_face:

Hi Jacqui & Team! Just joined up and I admit I’d put it off because there is not an option for remote check deposit. Unfortunately, only one of my jobs does direct deposit so it’s a feature I’d love most to see. Thank you in advance for the consideration! :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Jacqui,

I’m very happy to hear about the Plaid integration (it’s affected my on a few accounts like acorns).
I would love it if you offered check books and supported direct deposits for checks (although I rarely need either, it’s always a pain the once or twice a year that I might need them.)
I also wish that it was possible to allow assigning pre-defined deposits into manual envelopes per paycheck as I really don’t want to use AI, but would still love to just directly tell it how much money to put in each account per paycheck as I have separate accounts for every bill.

Lastly a pie in the sky wish, although this might be considered a separate product. Currently many bills can only be paid with a checking account like mortgage for instance. I personally like to pay lots of the more expensive items via credit card just to get the points. Most good credit cards will give you somewhere around 2% back. If Envel sat a man in the middle, where Envel paid the mortgage account in this example and then charged your our credit card for the same amount and paid it off directly from our checking account at the same time. Envel could charge a 1% fee for the man-in-the-middle transaction and the customer would get their 2% credit card bonus (leaving a net gain for the customer of 1% also).
I’m not sure how confusion that sounds, but tht would be a method where Envel makes a profit for the transactions and the customer gains a profit through bonus points.

1 Like

This is why I never closed my account at a local credit union. I deposit checks and cash there. Plus, they’re more likely to give me quarters for laundry than anywhere else. ATMs are usually fine for getting cash, but hardly anyone will give you rolls of quarters if you don’t have an account there.

JOINT ACCOUNTS
Subaccounts
Mobile check deposit

These things would pretty much solidify me staying with Envel for many years

People want a cheaper way of banking no late fees and also Cashback 7% on gas and groceries and also no fee ATM I’d pay 20$ a month for this premium service including stocks and cryptocurrency investing.The key to making Envel The Best banking App ever is to listen and do what feedback customers give this is the key to Being the Best and number 1.

Hey Angela,

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you on board! Thank you very much for your feedback. Mobile check deposit is definitely on our longterm roadmap, and I will continue to flag this as a priority to our management team, as I know its a high priority for many of our users.

If you have any other suggestions, feedback, or questions, please feel free to share on here anytime!

Best,
Jacqui

Hey there!

Thank you very much for your response and feedback. We are working on a premium model, and would definitely like to get cash back into Envel Premium (although I can’t guarantee 7%). We aren’t technically a credit card, so that’s still a bit up in the air.

We don’t charge late fees! Or minimum balance fees. We also offer free withdrawals at 37,000+ MoneyPass atms.

Listening to user feedback has always been a priority for us, and we encourage you to post on this forum whenever you have suggestions for how we could improve. We really appreciate the contributions you have made so far!

Best,
Jacqui

Good news! @raspberrychucks I just asked our management team, and mobile check deposits are on the roadmap for 2022!

Hey Caitlyn,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are aiming to have joint and sub accounts finished in Q1 2022, and mobile check deposits in place by the end of 2022.

If you can think of anything else, please let us know! We always appreciate your suggestions and contributions.

Cheers,
Jacqui

1 Like

Hey Jay,

Thank you very much for your response and feedback! Mobile check deposits are definitely on our roadmap for 2022, I just confirmed with our management team.

I believe you’ve mentioned this before, but could you remind me of the reasons why you prefer not to use AI? You do have the option, if you’d like to keep AI off, to set Goals for your different Bills! For example, if you need to pay $20 every month for wifi, you could create a goal due in one year for $240, and then set it again in a year.

We are considering some form of cash back or points/rewards system with Envel premium. How much, per month, would you be willing to pay for this feature? Lets say we gave you 2% cash back.

Thank you again for your suggestions, and please let us know if you think of anything else!

Best,
Jacqui

The one thing I really want is a widget for the home screen on my phone.

2 Likes

Thank you! Thats also definitely on our roadmap, and I will do my best to continue to prioritize.

Hey Jacqueline hope your doing well if we can do 4% cash back that be the best for Envel premium I know 7% was way to optimistic but maybe we can get there one day.But I think 4% would put us in the best position to make Envel the best banking premier service .

1 Like

Hey there,

Thank you so much! Do you use any other banks or banking apps, and what rates do they offer?

Best,
Jacqui

I would love to know if integration with Mint is on the list?
It’s the last major integration missing as far as I’m aware. I was hoping Mint used Plaid, but they don’t. Just curious if this was already on the list, and if not then I’d like to add it to the suggestions.

Hey Jay,

Not that I’m aware of unfortunately. What methods does Mint give you to connect to external accounts? Are you able to use micro deposits to link to Envel?

Best,
Jacqui

So it just asks you to search for your bank and it’s either there or it isn’t (It honestly looked like Plaid but isn’t). Mint is owned by Intuit (The company that makes quickbooks) and from what I can tell, they require banks to connect to the Intuit Developer API. Intuit Developer to get added.

Hey Jay,

Let me chat to our developers about this and see what we can do!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Hey Jay,

We’ve contacted Mint to see what integration would entail! Thank you for bringing this up.

Best,
Jacqui