No support line?

I woke up Saturday morning to multiple fraudulent charges. When I looked up how to resolve this, I found an article stating how to freeze or disable my card. I was able to freeze but the directions to disable it were not correct.

It then says “contact us immediately” but then only gives an email as an option with no phone number… And the email clearly doesn’t even get checked on the weekend. So I wait all weekend and finally get a response that says “We don’t currently have a support line, you have to call Visa.”

We just switched all of our money and direct deposits over to Envel after months of banking nightmares when Simple closed. But I am now left considering switching yet again to a bank that doesn’t have the features I need if you’re really not going to have a support line… Especially for fraud alerts. This is very alarming to me. The budgeting features are truly pointless if my money can be stolen and no one can help stop that or get it back.

Hey Caitlyn,

I’m so sorry that you had a rough experience getting support this weekend, but I’m glad you came to our community forum to share your thoughts.

Just to be clear, is this the article you’re referring to? We just recently went through and redid all of our support articles, so we definitely want to know if any information is lacking.

I don't recognize a transaction in my Envel account? | Envel Help Center

Were you able to resolve the fraud charges? When this happens, you should always call VISA DPS at 1-866-928-9488. I’m so sorry if this wasn’t made clear to you, but I’m glad you brought this up. Currently our support team gives people this number, but we really do need to make it clear to users that its VISA DPS who handles fraudulent transactions.

Please let me know the article(s) you would like to see this in, as well as where in the app if at all. This is an excellent point and I’m so glad you brought this to our attention!

Best,
Jacqui

Yes that’s the article. It says “go to the Envelope screen and swipe left on the box at the top to view your card information.” I don’t see a box that I can swipe nor anything that shows my card information on the envelope screen. So I went to the debit card screen which is at the bottom. Then it says tap once and the card will flip around and you can click freeze or deactivate. This also isn’t true. There is a button to push that says freeze card so I did that. But nothing that says deactivate. This morning I ended up clicking “order new card” so I’m assuming this will deactivate the old one. But those instructions have nothing correct about them.

And the first sentence in that article says Contact Us Immediately in bold letters then at the end of the article it says “to contact us:” and lists the support email. There is no indication to contact visa instead. It’s very confusing, especially when your brain is in crisis mode trying to make sure you didn’t get all your money stolen.

Somehow this morning the fraudulent charge has now disappeared before I had a chance to call visa. I did tell the support person where the charge that went through was from so maybe they removed it? I’m not sure. And luckily the other ones attempted never went through because I didn’t have enough money for them in my cash envelope so it seems envel blocked them after I didn’t approve a transfer on the first large charge.

Hey Caitlyn,

Thank you for clarifying. The Freeze your Card instructions were from an older version of the app, I had recently wrote an updated one here.

I rewrote the article you were referring to from scratch. Please let me know if this is more helpful, or if there is anything you’d like me to change or add.

Best,
Jacqui

Thanks for doing that. It reads perfectly now and would have made much more sense to me had I gotten this version over the weekend.

2 Likes

Anytime! I’m so sorry we didn’t catch this one in our edits. Please let us know if you run into any other issues, on the support portal or on the app.

Best,
Jacqui