Notifications

Good morning. I posted this in my app and it was replied to, but I thought I’d bring it here, too, so other members can chime in if they wanted.

But in regards to notifications I personally would like to get any envelope transaction notification and not just when I spend out of the Cash envelope. Right now I have to guess and constantly login to see if something was paid, if a debit went thru, etc. A notification from that envelope would solve that.

Hey Adam,

Thank you very much for the feedback! You should be getting notifications whenever you make a purchase through the app (regardless of the envelope). Has this not been the case, and if so for which envelope(s)?

Best,
Jacqui

I only get notified about the cash envelope. I “never know” when any other (manual) envelope has a transaction until I look for it.

Hey Adam,

Thank you for the information. Do you get notified about other autonomous envelopes? Is it just the manual envelopes that appears to be missing notifications?

Best,
Jacqui

I only use Cash. Bills is just a temp envelope until I divvy up into my envelopes.

Ah ok, thank you for clarifying! I will bring this up

Hi…is there any updated info on getting all and any transaction notifications? I still don’t know when bills are debited unless I manually keep up with it.

Hey Adam,

I’m sorry you are still having issues. I confirmed with our team, and you should be getting a notification every time money enters or leaves your Envel account. Which notifications, if any, are you getting? And are there specific vendors from whom you aren’t receiving notifications?

Best,
Jacqui

Not getting notifications from my manual envelopes when money is debited. The only notifications I get are from immediate cash envelope transactions and for income transactions.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. What about your Bills envelope, emergency funds, Goals, and any other custom autonomous envelopes you have?

Best,
Jacqui

Bills is just a pitstop for my manual/individual bill envelopes, goals are too far out, no emergency funds or autonomous envelopes.

Hey Adam,

Thank you for the update. Our dev team is going to run some tests on this tomorrow, and I will get back to you once we know more!

Were the transactions you are missing notifications for with your card, or via account/routing numbers?

Best,
Jacqui

I want to say both because some places still won’t accept Envel’s numbers so I have my debit card listed as a payment method.

Thanks!

Hey Adam,

Thanks, let me follow up with our support team member who was investigating!

Best,
Jacqui

Hey Adam,

Are you getting notifications when you do deposits into the manual envelope?

Our team is still looking through our code to see where the issue might be.

Best,
Jacqui

I transfer in from Bills so I get the instant in-app notification.

1 Like