Envel Community

NSF for using Target Red Debit Card

So I’ve had a Target Red debit card for 6 years and whenever I’ve gone to a new bank, I’ve just updated the account to that checking account. I never had an issue with it being linked to my Envel Cash account until the last time I used it. I didn’t have enough in my Cash envelope and forgot to move money over to make my purchase because I assumed I’d never have anything come back NSF from Envel. Well, I did.

I know that ACH works differently than using a debit card, but I assumed if I didn’t have enough in my Cash envelope, it’d pull from my Emergency envelope or at least get a notification asking if I wanted to do that. But since it came back NSF, I’m trying to use my Target Red debit card (ordered the wrong size shirts) and it’s not letting me because of that.

I know what you’re thinking. “Why don’t you just use your Envel debit card?” Because if you use a Target Red card, you get free shipping online and 5% off. I can’t reorder the shirts I ordered in the correct size without paying $6 shipping because my card won’t go through and one of them is online only.

Fix this, please.

Hi Coley,

This should no longer be an issue for you are updated to sub accounts.

With the Sub accounts, unlike the previous environment, all sub accounts will be housed under the Spending Account umbrella. The only separate account will be your vault (savings). Your debit card can still be linked manually to any of your accounts through Cardlink.

If you are interested in migrating to sub accounts, please contact the support team through the app so you can be added to the list.

Kind regards,

Eleanor

I’m not updated to subaccounts, so that’s not particularly helpful. I don’t want to have to go through everything I have linked to my accounts and update all the account numbers.

I just don’t understand why it wasn’t covered from my Emergency envelope like a debit card transaction would have been (or at least would have prompted a notification asking me if I wanted it to be covered).