Open account, transfer funds

Okay I finally took the leap after Simple and opened an account today. But despite trying to research myself I am so confused as to how I’m supposed to get money into my new account. BBVA is still not recognizing the routing number so my number one option is out. But from here I just don’t really know what to do. I have a lot of bills on auto pay that come out on various days all month and I don’t want my money floating in space with no access to it for a week. I don’t understand Plaid at all and how it would work to get money from BBVA to Envel. Are you able to help me figure out my options?

1 Like

Hey Caitlyn,

Absolutely! We’ve had numerous users successfully connect their BBVA accounts!

The easiest way is to go to your Envelope tab (far left), scroll down to ‘External Bank Accounts,’ select ‘Connect New,’ and then search for BBVA: you will be prompted to login to your BBVA account through Plaid. Once this is done, you can go to ‘Add Funds’ and then ‘Pull,’ and you should see BBVA pop up!

However, Pull transfers are unfortunately our slowest transfer methods. Another option is to search for our banking partner, nbkc, through your BBVA account. I’m not sure if it comes up, but if it does, you can Push funds from BBVA and this is much quicker!

Also, a lot of users link their BBVA and Envel accounts to a third party app, like Venmo or PayPal: Venmo and PayPal initiated transfers are generally quicker than our pull transfers as well.

Let me know if any of these methods work for you, and if you have any other questions or suggestions about the app! We are excited to have you on board.

Cheers,
Jacqui

Thanks so much for the help. I just connected my account but it’s listed as view only and doesn’t come up when I try to actually initiate a transfer. How do I fix this?

1 Like

Hey Caitlyn!

Which external account is it if you don’t mind me asking? Unfortunately users are unable to initiate transfers to a credit card or savings account, just checking. Is your external account a checking account?

Im so sorry that you are having issues!

Best,
Jacqui

It’s just my BBVA checking account

Hey Caitlyn,

Please let me know if you still need help with anything! Have you been able to successfully link Envel to your BBVA account?

Best,
Jacqui

Eventually someone was able to tell me that it always appears as view only on the envelope page and to try just deleting it and redoing the process and that finally worked

Hey Caitlyn,

I’m so glad they were able to help you! Please let us know if there is anything else that you need help with!

Have a great weekend,
Jacqui

I need help
I do not know how to use this

Hey Brittany!

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you. Are you having issues opening your account? If so, how long in the on boarding process were you able to get?

If you are having issues adding funds, here is an article that walks you through the three different ways of adding funds, step by step!

Best,
Jacqui

Best,
Jacqui