Plaid support

I’ve seen Plaid mentioned a few times but not one topic for it. Is there any update on when Envel might show as a bank in Plaid so we can use that to link our Envel accounts?

Thanks for all you guys are doing.

8 Likes

Hey there,

I brought it up last week with the team, and the development team has it on their to-do list. I will bring it up again at our meeting this week! It’s hard to be able to give a specific date as we cannot control the response speed of Plaid or our banking partner.

Thank you for your engagement,
Jacqui + the Envel Team

1 Like

+1 as this is a huge one for me and likely a show stopper. I use tools such as Quicken Simplifi or Monarch Money to have fine-grained visibility into my finances as a whole, and these modern tools all connect to banks via Plaid. Plaid is not cheap financially speaking, and that might be one of the reasons it hasn’t been integrated into Envel?

2 Likes

We currently have Plaid integrated into our app, and are working on expanding our Plaid functionalities!

1 Like

This would also help to link with Mint, which is a quite popular tool

1 Like

It is! Will keep you updated on any expanded Plaid functionalities :grin:

1 Like

Just adding this is also huge for me, and I can’t move my direct deposit over till Envel supports it. Glad to see it’s on the list though!!

1 Like

Hey Xander,

Thank you for the note! Which bank are you trying to link through Plaid? We currently allow users to connect external banks through Plaid.

Best,
Jacqui

I think the problem is if we’re in a different bank’s app using plaid we cant find current as an option in plaid to send money to

2 Likes

Hey Aj,

Thank you for the note, and welcome to our forum! This is a known issue for the team, and our engineers and compliance teams are currently working on it. I will follow up with them on Monday to see if I can get an update as to where we are at in terms of progress!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Yup that’s the problem. I’m trying to link Envel to external services with Plaid but it’s not in there. Thanks!

Gotcha, thank you! I’m re-flagging this to our developers right now. Did you have trouble with all external services that use Plaid, or just some of them? Do you mind sharing which ones worked/didn’t work? If not no worries, still flagging to the team.

Update: there is nothing we can do on our end until Plaid adds Envel on their end, but we are planning to follow up with them later this week so we can hopefully get this resolved.

@Aj_Blosser @chetstriker @evilbogwitch

2 Likes

Really excited about this integration since I can’t link my Envel account to Robinhood without the Plaid integration!

2 Likes

+1 this is huge for me! Looking forward to this working

1 Like

Thank you for the note! This seems to be a popular request, adding your vault to our tally so we can hopefully expedite!

Thank you for the note, adding your vote to the tally so hopefully we can expedite! We will keep this forum posted with our progress.

Just adding another +1 to this. Plaid support is the one thing currently holding me back from using Envel as my primary bank account.

1 Like

Hi Stacy,

Welcome to our forum! We are super excited to have you on board.

And thank you for your note, adding it to the tally, it’s been one of our top 5 feature requests. We will keep this forum posted with updates on that front and others!

Any other suggestions, question, or feedback is always welcome.

Cheers,
Jacqui

Just gonna add my voice to this request here.

1 Like