Renaming Transactions

Hi there,

Simple user switched to Envel here.
I’m wondering if there is a way to rename transactions so they are a little more friendly. “Income cash” is kind of meaningless. When I see a transaction I typically know where it came from by the dollar amount/date. I’d like to be able to rename items so it’s easier to keep track of.

Side note: if I’m making transactions via my “cash” account, let’s say paying a credit card. And the amount goes over what is in cash at any given time… will it pull automatically from vaults or another autonomous wallet or will the transaction get declined?

Thanks!!

Alex M.

Hey Alex,

Welcome to our community forum, we are super excited to have you on board!

With Envel 1.11.0, which we are aiming to release in the next few weeks, you will be able to label your transactions into a bunch of different categories, and also move your transactions between envelopes after the fact, and set for example that you want all future transactions from a given vendor to be pulled from that envelope. Hopefully this will help you better organize your finances.

To answer your second question: currently, the transaction will get declined. However, once we release Envel 2.0, which we are aiming to release in the next month, all of your autonomous envelopes will technically be subaccounts under the same account number, so if you try to pay from your Cash envelopes and don’t have enough funds, it will automatically pull from a different envelope.

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or feedback!

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like