Envel Community

Replaced Card, New Cash Account?

I recently had to get my debit card replaced due to some fraudulent activity. Thankfully, that was caught very quickly despite me being on a train with no signal during the period it was occurring (Thanks!) but I’ve been having issues since.
First: the card was locked down completely in the app. This is probably good practice, however even after I had spoken to the fraud department, I couldn’t even replace the card without opening another support ticket. I can understand the need for verification to make sure you’re not just sending to the fraudster but some language in the app or a more direct way to contact someone would be good. (This has been resolved, just some feedback)

Second: it seems like my “Cash” account number has changed? Again, I don’t think this is a bad idea in practice. However, this is not how other accounts I’ve had have worked so it was a bit surprising (and I’m still not 100% sure it’s what has happened?) so when I started getting notifications from vendors that they couldn’t get money from an account ending in XXXX and couldn’t find that account anywhere in my envelopes. This is mostly relevant for some of the various “payment” apps I have, where I both pay and receive payment.

1 Like

Hey Jacob,

I’m so glad we were able to catch the fraudulent activity!

Thank you for the feedback about the card ordering process. You should be able to freeze, unfreeze, and order a new card easily in the app. When you say you had to open a support ticket, why was this? Were you getting an error message?

That’s very strange about the different account number. Let me circle back with our support and technical teams, and get back to you!

Best,
Jacqui

Hey Jacob,

We went ahead and checked on our end, and it looks like your Cash account number stayed the same on our end. Would you mind DM-ing me the last four digits you are currently seeing, and the last four digits you previously saw? You can DM me by clicking on my profile pic, and then selecting ‘Message’.

Best,
Jacqui

Whenever I went to do any of the options on the debit card screen, it would pop open a screen saying “your card has been locked down, please contact support to unlock your card” or something very similar to that

Hey Jacob,

Thank you for clarifying. Yes unfortunately that must have been for your own security, because they thought someone else may have had access to your card or account. I know its frustrating, but we need that additional security check. If you aren’t receiving a prompt response from support, you can always post on this forum and I will follow up with them!

Best,
Jacqui

I actually noticed my cash has different numbers too, but I didn’t relate it to replacing my card. I suppose it could have been…

What I noticed was that the account numbers I had previously that were very clearly marked as DEPOSIT ONLY for use for direct deposit etc were no longer to be found anywhere in my app. Instead there were new account numbers for cash that seem to be fine for sending OR receiving money. I assumed Envel just moved away from deposit only account numbers. But I also still have the old numbers attached to my Venmo and they still work to send money into my account.

Maybe I’m wrong in my guess, but this was my assumption and sounds like what this poster came across also?

Hey Caitlyn,

Thank you for giving us a heads up. You should still be able to see your income/deposit account number if you go to ‘Add Funds’ → ‘Direct Deposit’ → ‘Share Direct Deposit Form.’

Is this the same number you had previously? Also, the only issue with giving this account # to Venmo is that you can only use it to deposit funds into Envel, not take funds out.

Best,
Jacqui

This was exactly what happened, apologies for my confusion :slight_smile:

Hey there, no worries at all!