Routing number

GEICO does not recognize the routing number just like BBVA doesn’t. I wonder how many more are out there like this. Now I have to move money back out to my traditional bank to pay for insurance.

Hey Adam,

We’ve had users have issues with Geico before. Sometimes they recognize the Cash account but not the Bills account, so that’s something to try if you haven’t already.

We’ve also been able to provide users letters proving our legitimacy, which they then pass on to vendors in able to link to our accounts. Is this something you would be interested in?

Best,
Jacqui

Hi. Thanks for replying. The issue is the routing number not the account number. This isn’t the first time I’ve received an error stating to “please provide a valid routing number”.

I’m not really interested in sending letters and whatnot. Good idea but that’s too much and not something I feel like Envel’s clients need to be responsible for.

Hey Adam,

Of course! I completely understand. We are working on a feature called Plaid Integration, which will make us visible in the Plaid directory so that we are able to be linked directly to vendors like Geico! We are aiming to release this within the next few months.

Another potential solution would be to use a third party app, such as Paypal, to pay your GEICO bills (if this is allowed on GEICO’s end). Its quite simple to link Envel to Paypal: here are instructions on how to do so.

In any case, I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and resolving these issues through Plaid Integration is one of our top priorities at the moment, as we know this can be quite limiting to some users!

Best,
Jacqui

I will continue to use my brick-and-mortar bank for GEICO. I just won’t have a way now to save daily for it unless I still use the my goal/envelope and then transfer it out to my bank ahead of time. Then that goes back to my other post on where goals are funded from. Lol. Sorry, trying to pick up where I left off with another envelope bank and it’s tough. Don’t mean to be so petty and picky. Thanks!

Hey Adam,

Not at all! We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We know that linking to GEICO has been an issue for multiple users, and we do plan to fix it sometime in the near future.

All the best,
Jacqui

Sprint/T-Mobile is another that doesn’t recognize the routing number. FYI.

Thank you for the heads up! We are actively working on Plaid integration, which should resolve these issues. Are you able to pay with your card (do they charge a fee?) or use Paypal?

Best,
Jacqui

Yep, just a heads-up!

I am able to use my card for them. Just gotta remember to move the money to Cash if I don’t have it in there when it’s time for them to auto-debit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you, we appreciate it! You can always use card link to link to another envelope!