Shared envelope transfer time

I’m trying to use the Shared Envelope as a shared account so my husband can transfer over funds that cover his share of monthly bills we can pay out of just one account. But I have a question: we both get paid on the 1st of the month with most bills due within a day or two after that. How long does a transfer from his bank to the Envel shared envelope take? If this is a thing where we have to wait a few days for transfers, this isn’t going to work. When we were with Simple, the transfers were instantaneous. But I’ve noticed with Envel that transfers seem to be taking a really long time!

Hey there,

Have you received your payday with Envel before yet? Transfers between Envel accounts are instantaneous, so you could transfer any funds to the shared envelope as soon as they hit your general Envel account. The speed of your direct deposit depends partly on your employer, which is why I asked if you had gotten your payday with Envel before. The longest it would take is 1-2 days, and we are working to expedite this!

Best,
Jacqui

I have not. First pay day doesn’t happen until next month.

I’m confused: Can my husband only use a shared envelope unless he is already an Envel member? The wording on the feature makes it sound like any bank account can contribute. This is very misleading, if so.

Also, I am sending the invite, my husband is opening the link, it’s then opening the Envel app on his phone and then… nothing. How does he actually join the Envel envelope??

Hey there,

Yes, shared envelopes require both users to have an Envel account. What wording led you to believe that ay bank account can contribute, and do you have any suggestions on how to make it more clear? I apologize for any confusion or stress this has caused!

I recommend that your husband download the app and onboard, and then resending the link to the shared envelope. Once he is onboarded, this will be instantaneous!

Best,
Jacqui

“Shared Envelopes - You can choose to share Custom Envelopes with as many friends and family members. Anyone can deposit or withdraw money with the owner’s approval.”

It doesn’t say anywhere in the marketing text that the person with whom you share an envelope has to be an Envel member. It just says “anyone.” You need to fix this marketing message to be more explicit:

“Shared Envelopes - You can choose to share Custom Envelopes with as many friends and family members — as long as they have an Envel account. Envel members in this Shared Envelope can deposit or withdraw money with the owner’s approval.”

1 Like

Thank you! Communicating this to our marketing manager, and appreciate the constructive suggestion!

Best,
Jacqui