Stop transactions if not enough money

One thing I’d like to see added is if I have $10 in my account and a bill is $20 then Envel should decline it. Right now if I don’t have enough money in the bills envelope it’ll try to take it out and the company will do a “return check” cause not enough to cover it and then I get slapped with a returned check fee a lot of the times.

Hey John,

In the past that has been the case: if you don’t have sufficient funds in an envelope to cover a payment, your Envel account will decline it without charging you an overdraft fee. Once we roll out sub accounts next month, the app will instead automatically pull from a different envelope to cover a payment if you don’t have enough in the envelope you are trying to pay from, and you will have the option to move transactions around between envelopes after the fact.

Do you think that this will solve the issues you are having? I am not quite sure how return checks fees work, but on our end we definitely don’t charge overdraft fees. How many times have you received these fees, and are they from any particular vendor?

Best,
Jacqui