Trial deposit verification failed

Hey. I’d really like to pay my credit card bill. But Bank of America says that NBKC doesn’t do trial deposits. What the heck is going on with NBKC??

Hey there,

I have BoA, and have been able to succesfully send and deposit money from Envel. Which method were you using to link your BoA account? I was able to login to my BoA account through the Envel app (Plaid), and didn’t have any issues.

Best,
Jacqui

I have verified that you cannot link a credit card via Plaid. When I try is says “no eligible accounts— must be a checking or savings account.”

I tried making a payment over the phone using my Envel account info and this also failed.

I was able to connect using my Chime account and trial deposits with their bank. But this still leaves the question: Why is NBKC not working for so many necessary financial functions? It may help if you could explain to us all what NBKC’s limitations are and why it appears to be such a nonfunctional banking partnership. I really want to avoid wasting all my time on the constant errors and rejections I’m getting from nearly every financial service I use due to NBKC either not offering that function or having such severe limitations as to make it a useless bank! I cannot express how disappointed and frustrated I am by Envel’s core functionality at the moment. This is truly not a bank of the future.

which envelop did you try to get verified for?

i tried to verify for the Cash envelope

Yes, I believe that is a limitation with plaid. When you called them and gave their your Envel info, what did they say the issue was? Are you able to pay with your Envel debit card?
I’ve always made BoA credit card payments from my BoA checking account: do you happen to have a BoA checking account? If so, I recommend linking it to your Envel account, and then enabling autopay in BoA to pay your credit card bills from your checking account.
I am very sorry that you are still having issues!
Best,
Jacqui

Here an update to the BofA credit card issue. I tried to make a payment on the phone (automated) 7 days ago using my Cash envelope account numbers. I was notified today that the payment was returned AND I was charged a $25 returned check fee. There was no explanation why it was rejected and returned, but at least it seems they tried to process it like a check.

Hey there,

Thank you for the update, and I am sorry to hear that! Would it be possible to reach out to them and ask why it was rejected? Also, did you see any evidence in your Envel account of the attempted withdrawal?

Best,
Jacqui