Unidentified transactions with whole dollar amounts

I logged in to the app this morning to find a bunch of transactions I don’t recognize over the past several days. All of them are listed in whole dollar amounts, some have vendor icons, there’s no identifying information otherwise. Description “Card Purchase”, transaction type “Other”, no location. This feels like fraudulent activity, so I’ve frozen my card. However, I see the same thing in my bills, with the description “Transaction Internal to Unknown External”.

This and not having a number to call for Envel support are enough to get me to abandon the platform immediately. Is anyone else having this experience?

1 Like

Hey Perry,

This is a known issue that we are currently investigating!

Best,
Jacqui

Is there a link to this issue that I can track? It is incredibly disconcerting!

Hey Perry!

I have some updates from you from our technical team. First and foremost, they want to assure you that none of your transactions have actually been affected or changed: they are just displaying incorrectly in the app. We are currently working on a fix for this (both the rounded whole dollar amounts, and the missing vendor information) as a top priority!

Best,
Jacqui

My wife just called me having noticed this and she is fuming mad. She has lost confidence in Envel and will be moving to a new bank ASAP.

Accurate bank statements are something banks have been doing for over a hundred years.
I know you’re saying that our money is safe, but WE NEED TO VERIFY.

If you’re going to round off to the nearest dollar, I want to know where the change went and see separate transactions for that. I also want to be able to turn that feature on and off and select what envelope it’s moving my change into.

2 Likes

Yes. This is far worse than not having access to the app. No information is better than incorrect information. I’m hoping the problem is a display problem and that correct amounts have actually been coming in and out of accounts. If it’s actually rounding in real transactions, that’s unimaginably irresponsible and an unrecoverable breach of trust.

2 Likes

Have the same thing. Good thing I know what’s coming in and out and from where.

I’m getting this, too. What the hell? We really need better than this. I hope Envel is stopping all unnecessary development until they can fix the very BASICS of its banking platform. Like accurate statements. Damn.

1 Like

I have this issue too. Started a couple of days ago.

Hi Perry, @ReligiousBelief, @r33c3, @Adam-S and @Obscura

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you! Our dev team implemented a fix late last night. You should see all your transactions going forward be displayed correctly, and your old transactions should display correctly by the end of the day. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Best,
Jacqui

Good morning.

New transactions seem ok but the old transactions never updated/reverted back to their actual amounts and are still displaying incorrectly.

1 Like

I have the same situation as @Adam-S . New transactions appear correct, but old ones are still rounded.

1 Like

Hey Adam and @perryd !

The old transactions should be back to normal by the end of the day. Please let me know if that is not the case!

Best,
Jacqui

It’s not fixed they. They’re all still listed as whole dollar amounts from a “Card Purchase.”

Hey Reece,

Thank you for the update. Checking up on this right now!

Best,
Jacqui

Hey Reece,

Just an update. We are in the process of implementing a fix wherein we query the transaction data from our digital banking partner, instead of having our own database on the backend. This will assure that you always see the correct transactions with correct amounts, descriptions, etc. We are aiming to implement this in the next month.

I’m still waiting to hear about your older whole dollar amount transactions, but will keep you posted. Again, I can assure you that the correct amount was taken out of your account, they are just displaying incorrectly.

Do all of the whole $ transactions you see correspond to actual transactions you’ve made, or do you see any that shouldn’t be there?

Best,
Jacqui

I can’t verify if I made these transactions or not. They’re all marked with boilerplate, so I have no idea who the merchants or payees are. It appears my entire banking record (except for yesterday) is now whole dollar unrecognizable transactions. This appears to affect all transactions that took place in October.

1 Like

Still same with transactions from 21st - 27th. Info is little to none on some of the transactions. missing vendor info or logo or both or similar. Where it was spent from seems to be correct though.

Any more updates on this?

Hey Adam,

We are aiming to run a fix for this tomorrow!

Best,
Jacqui