Venmo payments not working

Hi there,

I have my envel account linked and verified through Venmo. I’m trying to send someone money ($248.50) I have more than enough in my account but it keeps declining. I also had a declined payment (online charge of debit card) for about $13 the other day when there was plenty in the account.

Katie

If you have it set up for daily or weekly limits, turn it off then go from there an resend it… Also try cash app since I’ve send funds from my envel account

1 Like

I mistakenly set up PayPal and Venmo using the account number for direct deposit. This number is for deposits only so any spending using it will decline. The account number for the cash envelope works in both directions.

1 Like

Hey Katie,

Thank you for the heads up, and big thanks to @Gary_Miles and @Obscura for sharing your insight! Is your autopilot on or off, and what is your cash limit set to?

Best,
Jacqui

1 Like

Hi Jacqui,

Autopilot is off and my cash is on no limit.

Thanks,
Katie

Hey Katie,

Thank you! And which envelope did you link your Venmo to? If you linked it to your income account (the account numbers you share with your employer) then Venmo won’t work: the income account is only for deposits. Make sure that you have linked Venmo to one of your envelopes, and that you have sufficient funds in that envelope to cover your payment!

Best,
Jacqui

It’s linked to my cash envelope. I did make that mistake when first setting it up but deleted that one and corrected it to the cash envelope a few days prior to trying to send this money through Venmo.

Hey Katie,

Thank you! And you are still getting an error message, correct? Have you ever successfully made a payment through Venmo connected to your cash account? If you could screenshot the error message that you are getting that would be super helpful!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi,

I haven’t been able to send any money. I was able to send through PayPal but that’s linked to the debit card rather than the cash account. Since Venmo charges for linking a card I’d prefer not to do that. Attached is the decline message I’m getting on Venmo. There’s no message from envel that it tried to charge me or anything like that.

Hey Katie,

I’m sorry about that! Unfortunately I’m not quite sure what’s going on with your account. Double check that it is in fact your cash account routing/account number linked to your Venmo, and you could also try deleting an redownloading the app and toggling on and off the autopilot switch. This can solve a lot of issues!

I am opening a support ticket for you right now so that our technical team can look into this. You should receive an email today (and a reply from a support team member by tomorrow), but please let me know if you don’t!

Best,
Jacqui

Thanks! It’s definitely my cash envelope. I’ll try re-linking it to Venmo and deleting and redownloading the app

Hey Katie,

Of course, please keep me posted!

Best,
Jacqui