Virtual debit cards, interest, and no credit cards

I love the concept of a nice visual divided way to manage your money and keep track of expenses automatically. The one thing holding me back from going full in is not having a virtual debit card for each envelope for expenses. But some things I would like to see is interest on the vault (and hopefully the emergency fund too) making it like a savings account. Also for users of the app trying to be good with budgeting and financial freedom it would probably be best if there wasn’t a credit card feature added encouraging them to borrow money and have debt.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Jethro! Thanks for the suggestions! Glad you like the envelope visual/ budgeting system! :heart_eyes:

I’ll start with credit cards - yes, Envel is committed to helping users curb overspending so credit cards aren’t on the road map. However, interest on the vault envelope is! :smiley: We are looking into virtual debit cards so will keep you updated on that :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks for the feedback! Please continue to make suggestions, report bugs, chats - we love it! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Could you team up with something like privacy.com for integrated debit cards?

2 Likes

Hi Jethro,

It’s not a priority now but if there is a big enough demand, we can look at it :slight_smile:

Will note it and keep track of of the request!

A virtual card for each envelope would be amazing! I miss having this.

1 Like

Hi Xander! Welcome to the community forum! Excited to have you onboard :grin: Please feel free to make suggestions, give feedback, report bugs or just chat!

Will note it- thanks for the suggestion! :grin:

Privacy is amazing! There is demand, and there should be. people will have difficulty paying their bills.

Thanks Ryan! Good to know!

1 Like

I agree, virtual debit cards for envelopes is the last infinity stone missing lol. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi Dwayne! Welcome to the community forum! Really happy to have you and your feedback here so we can get our app and your finances into tip-top shape :grin:

Virtual cards are really great so they’re definitely on the road map!

1 Like

chiming in about privacy.com. I’m a user and Envel support is one thing that’s blocking me from fully using Envel would really love to see this built!

Currently trying to add my Envel account results in an error

1 Like

Hey Nick,

Thank you for the note! Do you mean that you are unable to link to Envel through privacy.com? Do you know if they use Plaid? We have gotten numerous requests to integrate with Plaid (aka be able to be found and connected through apps that use Plaid), so this could ideally also solve your issue!

Cheers,
Jacqui

I actually tried linking my debit card directly but I get an error message saying the card is not supported. Plaid support would be ideal though

Hey Nick,

I’m sorry to hear that! Have you reached out to our support team? If not I’m happy to submit a ticket for you if you message me the email or phone number associated with your account.

And yes, further integration with Plaid is something we are looking into, and I will keep this forum posted with any updates!

Cheers,
Jacqui

I haven’t reached out to support I’ll do that now

1 Like

Sounds good, please let me know if you don’t get a reply soon or still need help!

Hey Jacqueline,

I’ve opened a help ticket but it seems like whomever answered recently doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Would be great if there was a way foe you to chime in on the support thread?

Hey Nick,

Absolutely! Just message me the email or phone number associated with your account, and I can check up on your ticket and make sure that your get a response!

Best,
Jacqui

Can’t figure out how to send a new DM on the forum. Can you send me one and I will reply?

1 Like