Which of your Vendors are missing from our 'Itemized Bills' list?

Hey friends!

Someone on our Discord channel brought up some major vendors, such as Chase, that don’t currently appear in our ‘Itemized Bills’ list. We wanted to know if there were any major vendors you would like us to add! Let us know in the comments.

Cheers,
Jacqui

Progressive insurance!

Also, question about the AI: Is it supposed to learn when things are bills, even if they aren’t vendors that are in the system? I’ve twice had to move my IFTTT Pro payments to my bills envelope and was hoping the AI would figure it out eventually.

Hey Coley,

It should learn eventually, but in an upcoming release we plan to include a feature that will allow you to set that you’d like all transactions from a given vendor, like IFTTT Pro, to be automatically pulled from Bills or a different envelope!

And will add Progressive to the list!

Cheers,
Jacqui

Golden 1
AAA insurance

Hey Jason,

Welcome to our forum, we are super excited to have you on board! I will make a note of these, thank you very much for your feedback.

If you have any other feedback, suggestions, or questions about the app, please feel free to post on here anytime!

Best,
Jacqui

Just seeing this post now but Pet’s Best Insurance, Peloton, and HelloFresh for subscriptions would be super helpful! I have to manually transfer all of these to bills each month.

Hey Katie,

Thank you, I will make a note of these! You do always have the option to enter your own Custom merchants. If you are adding an itemized bill, and click on ‘Select a Merchant,’ and type in these vendor names, you should see the option to ‘Add Merchant.’ Please let me know if this doesn’t work!

Best,
Jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

I have done this for all of these but when they charge me it goes straight to cash rather than bills. Not sure if that is related.

Thanks,
Katie

Hey Katie,

Unfortunately we are still working on building this functionality (all bills, even custom merchants, go straight to Bills envelope), but we definitely plan to implement sooner rather than later! You currently have the option to move these transactions to your Bills envelope after the fact, or to provide the vendors with your Bills account information. Please let me know if you need assistance with any of these, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

Best,
Jacqui