Why is ACH direct deposit so slow?

Last month my ssdi from US Treasury appeared in my account right away. This time here it is the 7th and it is still pending. Long weekend I realize but that is still 4 business days. Transfer from another bank is 9 business days out. Initiated on 6/25 left that account on the 29th, still pending. What’s going on?

Hey Brian,

Welcome to our community forum: we are super excited to have you on board! This normally isn’t the case, but we’ve had a bug this week where funds show up as available on our end but pending to the user. For most users this has been an easy fix on our end, all we need is the email associated with your account! I am going to search for any accounts associated with the email you used to join this forum, but please let me know if I should be searching for a different email!

Cheers,
Jacqui

Yes bripar is the one.

brianpar@gmail.com I mean.

Thanks! I’ve flagged this to our compliance and technical teams, so we should be able to get you access to your funds tomorrow!

Thank you so much for your patience, we really appreciate it and apologize for the delay!

Best,
Jacqui

Thanks, seem like the thin months is when this kind of thing happens.

1 Like

Just got confirmation from a member of our compliance team, your funds should be available! Please let me know if they aren’t or if you are having any other issues!

Best,
Jacqui

This is strange. Today there is $1502 in my cash envelope. The deposits are still pending and were assigned to the Bills envelope. I guess they are working on it. At least there are funds.
Question: I have my regular bills set for auto deduct from the Bills envelope. If they attempt to do those debits will it draw from cash envel or do I need to do something? House payment usually hits on the 9th.

Hey Brian,

When you say ‘the deposits are still pending’, which deposits are you referring to? Are there any funds still missing in your account?

In terms of your Bills envelope, if you’ve given the vendors the account number from your Bills envelope, just make sure that you have sufficient funds in that envelope at the time they auto deduct! While the AI will automatically pull funds from your Bills envelope to cover NSF (non-sufficient funds) for a purchase made from your Cash envelope, unfortunately this isn’t the case the other way around. If you’ve calibrated your bills correctly (i.e. indicated the correct due date and payment frequency) then you should be all set as long as you have made sufficient deposits into your account to cover all of these bills!

Best,
Jacqui

Still pending are the 2 direct deposits and the transfer. They look like:

Like I said the direct deposits were supposed to go into the bills envelope. They instead went to cash. It was supposed to make it so that i didn’t have to do anything, and worked that way in June.
I turned off auto pilot and moved $1000 from cash to bills. Then turned on auto pilot. It moved some back into cash and filled one of the envelopes I created for food, but not the ones for medical or fuel.
How do I get it to do that?

Hey Brian,

Thank you for the heads up: I will chat with the team to see if we can get someone to sync your deposits!

In terms of your medical and fuel envelopes, those are custom autonomous envelopes, correct? When you create these envelopes, you have the option to prioritize which ones get funded first. If your fuel and medical weren’t funded, it’s likely because your food envelope (along with your core 4 envelopes, the default Cash, Bills, Emergency, and Vault) were prioritized above fuel/medical, and the AI had to make sure that all of your Bills were covered (and that you had Daily spending cash and emergency fund) before it could funds your fuel/medical.

If you think you DID have sufficient funds to be able to cover ALL of these envelopes, please let us know!

Have a great weekend,

Jacqui

1 Like