Why is the debit card not accepted at Hulu and other bills I need to pay?

I would like to know how I can pay bills like Hulu with my debit card. I DO NOT want to pay using PayPal or any other 3rd party to pay this because I need my account to be tracked for credit purposes. I don’t want to have to have a separate account just so these things can be tracked. What is so wrong with this card that it is not accepted as a valid payment method? I had a similar issue trying to use my “Bills” account info for Esurance too. But other things like Capital One took the info no problem (though if those payments will actually go through remains to be seen. I’ve read some discouraging posts here.) When do you think this will be a trusted platform for payments?

Hey Kelley,

Welcome to our forum, we are excited to have you on board and very sorry that you are having troubles!

We have seen that some companies take a bit longer to update their routing number tables to recognize our’s, which is likely what occured with Esurance. Do you remember if they accepted the account information from any other envelopes?

That’s strange about Hulu: we’ve haven’t had an issue with them in the past. When you made the payment, did you use card link to another envelope, or not? In any case, did you make sure there were sufficient funds in whichever envelope you made the payment from? If you didn’t use card link, the debit card would by default be linked to your Cash envelope.

Best,
Jacqui