Why yes, there us a way to pay Bills from your Envel account!

A common question we have been getting is whether Envel can automatically pay all your bills.

As implied is the post title, you absolutely can! As you can link any 'Envel’ope to Venmo or PayPal, you can schedule your bill payments through these apps.

As always, let us know if you have questions, comments, etc!

So thrilled to be able to engage with you all,
Jacqui from Envel

When linking your bills to the envel’opes, it will show that its been taken out, but wont it will not show what it was for it will just say $___ was taken from cash/Bills.

Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

Do individual envelopes have account numbers or are they virtual to the main account? I’m not much a fan of using venmo/paypal to pay bills. My utilities for example want a bank account number or a debit/credit card number.

2 Likes

Thanks Jacqui!

Are there plans to spawn virtual cards for these envelopes? That would keep everything in Envel.

1 Like

What do you mean by spawn? We are looking to allow users to customize their cards!

Currently we have a card link feature that allows you to link your Envel debit card to most of your envelopes. We believe that it’s a much simple alternative to having a bunch of cards for each account! Personally I lose mine a lot so having a bunch wouldn’t be so great

Cheers!
Jacqui

Yes, working with partners to get virtual cards up and running! :blush:

2 Likes

Hey there!

When you look at your transactions tab (second to right on the bottom menu, the two arrows point towards each other), are you able to see it then?

Cheers,
Jacqui

Haha maybe in the past, but I’ve gone by this nickname for a long time, also the name I use when I DJ.

Thank you @Diederik.

Virtual Cards would be a fantastic way to setup automatic billing from the envelopes.

I agree with @jacqueline about having too many physical cards, but virtual cards would be great for auto debits tied to an envelope.

You all are on it!

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! We try to be and are always looking to improve

1 Like

Linking Envel to Paypal for Venmo to pay bills? This makes no sense, can you please explain, and explain why I have to use another system to pay a bill that my bank can’t?

Hey Ryan,

You don’t have to, this is just an option if you want your bills to be paid automatically. I posted step by step instructions on our help center if you choose this option!

For our upcoming updates, we are working to incorporate direct autopay into our Bills features, so that you will not have to go through this extra step. For now, you can also swipe to link to your Bills card to pay a Bill each time it is due (this is what I do, as I like to monitor my different bills). Additionally, if you give your billers your Envel debit card info, you can always pay your bills through your Cash envelope (which is linked to your card by default). Just make sure you have sufficient funds in your Cash, which you can do by turning off autopay or through manual transfers.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have other questions!

Best,
Jacqui